72 125 wombat

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
cherokee

72 125 wombat

Post by cherokee »

Tried everthingetting I think outside of motor. Dis. Al wires except 2 from mag. Have spark and fuel. Would I still have spark if the timing us off.
RichardMott

Re: 72 125 wombat

Post by RichardMott »

Yes, you could still have spark, but if too early or late on the timing, it will not fire. :geek:
How is the compression? :)
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
Dale

Post by Dale »

What spark plug are you using?

I have had several bikes that did not like to fire with the kick starter when cold, but would fire almost instantly with a bump start. I believe that this was due to the choke (enrichment circuit) being too rich. They needed some choke, but the choke was too much if that makes sense? So, is your bike complete enough to do a push start?
Dale
Dale
cherokee

Post by cherokee »

Thanks for the reply I just got home from work. Plug is ngk b8hs the compression feels strong but I didnt check it.I can try and push start it on a couple of days. Appreciate the help. I'll yell back at you
Dale

Post by Dale »

Good answer on the plug. I would put in a fresh new one prior to the push start attempt. You have a kill switch right??? Don't attempt any push start without one!
Dale
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

if the engine got really flooded and you put in a new plug,you could wet foul it really quickly. If the plug stays bone dry I would try a teaspoon of gas in the spark plug hole. Dale I'm to old to push but that is what good friends are for. I did not say wives! -------Clarence
Dale

Post by Dale »

Clarence, That is the whole idea of the "bump start". If I have to push it more than 3 feet I do call my wife into the fun... I remember pushing bikes for some really long distances and for some reason believing that whatever the problem was, it would surely heal itself and eventually start. I also remember that that never happened. The eventual start that is...
Dale
cherokee

Post by cherokee »

Thanks again I'll be back in touch