Hodaka Days 2015 (transport)

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

Hodaka Days 2015 (transport)

Post by thrownchain »

I know it's a ways off yet, but I'm opening the booking on transport to HD '015. The people I hauled last year have first dibs on a space. Others on a first come, first served basis. Space is limited, unless I get a bigger trailer, then I'll have slightly more room. But still there's a limit. I can also haul your riding gear and any support gear you may need, gas cans, tools, etc.. Even easy ups and tents. This also gives you time to get those days off from work that you so desperately need :lol: , I will be at York in Jan if you need to speak to me direct. And at Unadilla for MX rewind for bike pick ups if needed. The Canadians, I can meet at the border in Buffalo, or the 1000 islands.
RichardMott

Re: Hodaka Days 2015 (transport)

Post by RichardMott »

Dan,

I want to get 2 or 3 bikes transported. Add me to the list. I am definitely going to need transport. I will be flying out next year.

Email me privately about price. Let me know when and where they need to be for your pick up.

[email protected]
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

With gas prices sliding down the chart, price will be the same as last year. That's $600 round trip per bike. extras ride for free. Dragging the trailer seriously hurts gas mileage. I'd like to have the bikes here at least 2 weeks before the trip, but I'm a little flexible on that. Space permitting, I can do pick ups and drop offs going out, or coming back. Did 2 outbound, and 2 coming back last year. Just makes the trip longer, and getting meet times arranged can be a pain. Ideally would like to be full in both directions so all I gotta worry about is the drive.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Pulling this back to the top. If anyone needs to discuss details, I'll be in York Jan 17 and 18 for the swapmeet.
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

See you there Dan. The Hodaka booth. As I said, I need transport.
Rick Mott

thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

You and Paul both have spaces reserved. Roger, you going this year?
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Gary and Stuart, are you making the trip this year ?
Gary G

Post by Gary G »

Dan,

Don't think I will be going to HD this year. This year going to Mid Ohio. Never been there.

Gary
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Ok, as it stands now, if everyone follows thru, I have close to a full load. If anyone else wants to get added to a list, let me know, in case someone drops out, you'll get first shot to fill the gap. Gary; when you go to Mid Ohio, take a pit bike to ride around, beats walking....and plan on long full days to really see it all...
Gary G

Post by Gary G »

Thanks Dan. I will do that.Will you be going?
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Gary, not sure if Mid Ohio is on the list for this year, of course I said that last year and ended up there, so we'll see how it goes.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Bringing this back up, didnt realize it had dropped so far down the list. I believe so far I have between 8 and 10 reserved spaces. Rick, Paul and Stu, along with a guy outside Cinci if I remember right, talked to most guys at York, so feel free to verify that you are going and how many bikes you'll be taking and I can update my list.
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

Dan,

I was planning to attend Unadilla NY the weekend of June 6. I think you said it would be a good place to drop off my bikes.
There is a Ride in Toronto OH the same weekend. A bit of a conflict. Send me an email off site. :cry:

[email protected]
Rick Mott

thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Back to the top...... for the people that I'm hauling bikes for, I'll need to know if you'll be competeing on Sunday or not, that will determine when I can hit the road home.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Down to a little over 3 months away. Still have limited space. Looks like I might have a bigger load coming back than going out....
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Just booked my room for the weekend, will be at the Motel 6 this year. Anyone else staying there ??
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

back to the top......
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

The bike count has dropped back a little, so I was figuring I could fit them all in my truck. Then I remembered I'm picking up a couple of bikes while I'm out west, so back to the trailer. Could use 1 or 2 more if you're still contimplating going out. Will be picking up some bikes at Unadilla, so that could be a rally point for conveinience. Would like to have all bikes by June 18, I'll be headed out on the 21st unless something changes. I can also haul your riding gear if needed as well as your gas can etc.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Still have room for a couple of bikes, or parts if needed.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Down to 2 months to go, still room for round trips and pick ups and deliveries along the way if needed. If you're buying and selling, can do deliveries at HD or deliveries from HD. I cover all of New England for P.U. and del. east of Cleveland and north of N. Carolina is possible. Let me know how I can help you out.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Down to about 5 weeks, load seems to be getting smaller by the day. So I've got lots of room coming and going for those who need it.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Could still use some bikes or parts to move. .........
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Last chance, last call. At this point I don't need to haul the trailer, I can get what I need in my pick up. If I need to haul the trailer, I need to know PDQ so I can make the needed change in the plans. If you're on the fence, you need to jump down and make the decision on if you need hauling out or back or both.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Absolute last call, transport out and back. Or 1 way only, space available. Also delivery possible going in either direction along the route. Which is I-80 most of the way.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Well, another round trip in the books. 2665 miles one way from my door to Athena. 4 days out, did it in 3 coming back. Hauled 4 bikes for 2 guys that had a very good time riding the events. With the Poker run and the Bad Rock, the ultimate dream is to be able to ride in the parade. Took my "new" Steen, which Marvin Foster really liked. I hung out with Bruce from Idaho Fri and Sat, and Marv hung out with us both days, nice guy. Still on the fence about doing a third year, but we'll see what happens over the next year.