New to Hodakas!!!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
RichardMott

Re: New to Hodakas!!!

Post by RichardMott »

Those brackets are for the number plates or could be used for the luggage rack/tool kit.
Attachments
CW rear mounts
CW rear mounts
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
AM103

Post by AM103 »

1437232046174-300197993.jpg
Does this look right for the tab on the frame?
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

Close. The bracket is 3/4" wide by 1 7/8" long counting the wrap around over the frame. It is 1 1/8" from top of frame to end of bracket. Center line of tube to center of hole is 3/4" so there is just enough room to get a nut and washer under the frame.
CW Frame.jpg
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
AM103

Post by AM103 »

Thank you!!!!!!! You are soo awesome! Exactly what I needed! I'm going to be busy trying to help my cousin buy his first dirtbike tomorrow out of town, but once I get the chance to make these, ill weld em on and post pics! Thanks again!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Hey Am103. I live in Cedar Falls and have excellent examples of both of the bikes you are working on. I race the Combat Wombat and the Ace 100 is my daily rider. Neither one is a 100 point resto but the CW is an excellent race resto and the Ace is an equally excellent rider resto. Both were rehabilitated by Hodaka Dave Rozier. He is a great friend, all-around great guy, and Hodaka wizard extraordinaire. If you are ever up in this neck of the woods and you'd like an up-close peek at these bikes to guide your wrenching, then look me up. You are in for a lot of fun with those bikes!

Matt
AM103

Post by AM103 »

matt glascock wrote:Hey Am103. I live in Cedar Falls and have excellent examples of both of the bikes you are working on. I race the Combat Wombat and the Ace 100 is my daily rider. Neither one is a 100 point resto but the CW is an excellent race resto and the Ace is an equally excellent rider resto. Both were rehabilitated by Hodaka Dave Rozier. He is a great friend, all-around great guy, and Hodaka wizard extraordinaire. If you are ever up in this neck of the woods and you'd like an up-close peek at these bikes to guide your wrenching, then look me up. You are in for a lot of fun with those bikes!

Matt
Awesome!! Just shot you an email...
Last edited by AM103 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
hodakahound

Post by hodakahound »

Your uncles are damn lucky to have a nephew that is willing to jump through these hoops. Usually I tell kids that they need to appreciate their dads that help them go racing. I never had that. Did it on my own with a paper rout budget.
Carry on young man and I hope you are able to accomplish all you want to!
AM103

Post by AM103 »

Thanks! I hope they like it, and if not, I really could care less because I love it!!! I have a new case on the way for the ace and then I just need the top triple clamp. Once I get that, I'll get it together and running before digging into making it pretty. :D I'm excited! Also picked up an Indian ME100 a week or two ago! Also a really cool bike....Now I have 3 motors to tear apart this week!

Aaron
Cedar Rapids, Iowa