Gotta get a new helmet, any tips?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
DesertRat54

Re: Gotta get a new helmet, any tips?

Post by DesertRat54 »

...so I'm taking a lunch break from sorting through my parts bins (Mid-Ohio is looming on the horizon, yes?), and lo and behold someone actually responded to my rant. Hey Laurie--yea, I'm still above ground. Of course, your counter-arguments make great sense. And yea, I'm sure those guys who trashed their ankles and wore tire marks across their faces all realized the errors of their ways. Their mistakes were theirs; they own them, along with the opportunity to learn from them. This is my point. If they don't, that's on them, too, and we'll sympathize with them, fetch them beers from the cooler, and celebrate their fabled face plants right along with them. This is all part of a sport that has some danger attached to it.

There's another aspect to this: once someone accepts the responsibility of thinking for others, where does it stop? Exoskeletons, anyone? And by the way, those nasty, foul-smelling 2-strokes produce faaaar too much air pollution. Why not replace them with electric bikes? After all, they have two wheels and a throttle, too. Don't like the quiet? Well, here's a bolt-on accessory that makes your hummer sound like a two stroke. That's just as good, right? By the way, when was the last time you encountered a new 2-stoke street bike--or moto-crosser, for that matter?

Hypocrite? Aw, don't be so hard on yourself. We all know that a cowboy hat is the only appropriate head gear when ropin' steers. A helmet would look--well--too English. And we all know that they only chase sheep.

Good to hear from you, Laurie,
Bill in VA
Bill in Virginia

"A man must know his limitations."
Pep

Post by Pep »

Ha, all well said Bill - have a great weekend!
And I'll leave you with some of the wisest advice I've heard:
Attachments
eabscekgong5sl3r6ee5.jpg
DesertRat54

Post by DesertRat54 »

I like it--and I'm in the business of education. Believe me, the closer I get to retirement, the more "importanter" racing becomes.
Bill in VA
Bill in Virginia

"A man must know his limitations."
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

Well this posting sure took a turn. :?: About the 5 year rule. Pardon my skepticism, but could be that some folks in position are in the sack with the helmet manufactures? I have suspected something similar to the child car seat makers. :roll:

Anyway, attached it the link to my new $80 helmet that should be here tomorrow. Yes, I have an $80 head for those who want to question my choice. :lol:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/18 ... -17-helmet
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!