new owner, need advice

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
matt glascock

Re: new owner, need advice

Post by matt glascock »

Now is a good time for a heartfelt THANK YOU to those of you who wear the uniform of the Armed Forces of The United States of America - past, present, and future. And, lest we forget, those who serve along side you yet many miles away but who hold thoughts and prayers for your safe return.
rlkarren

Post by rlkarren »

TheBevman wrote:Hodakagirl,

Congratulations to you and your son. I hope all went well with the Crucible. It is a bear, I remember going through it myself, fond memories now... not so fond then. I'm not sure if many on the forum know of the Marine Corps boot camp Crucible, but its a right of passage and where you eventually earn the title of United States Marine, you're a recruit (or often times something much less) until you complete it and make it to the top of the end obstacle, Mt. Mother ****er, and are given your Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Its quite an ordeal and something I've never forgotten, and I hope he did well.

Word of warning... have him try on his uniform before he goes back to continue training. Usually, they don't fit so well after all that good home cooking.

Beven
USMC 1999-2003 / 6531 Aviation Ordnance, AV-8B Harrier
I do not mean to hijack, but...

One of my best memories when stationed at MCRD San Diego, is standing atop the ridge waiting for a Company of recruits, of which my younger brother was a member, watching the faces of these freshly minted Men, about to be bestowed the title of "Marine". The expressions on their faces will never leave me. They knew they had earned that title, and you could see it on their faces literally as they crested that hill. They were now Men, Marines, and damn proud of it.

Roger
Semper Fidelis!
USMC 1984 - 1999
rjmorel

Post by rjmorel »

hodakagirl, My first bike was a Ace 100 .Many found memories of it and all the riding I did .
I'm in Walla Walla and need to go see my eye doctor tomorrow in Kennewick 10am 11/9/17. Then I'll do Costco and some running around to other places .
I have a huge set of channel-lock pliers and a Hodaka Flywheel puller if you need to borrow them, Also a good impact driver for getting the case screws loosened. I could take a crack at the muffler nut also if you want. Mine always came loose when riding. Became a pro with the dreaded channel-lock pliers. :))))
Are you the scooter girl that entered her Vespa scooter in the antique motorcycle show that was last month I think by Griggs and won one of the catagories? We met and talked for a bit. I had my Honda MT125 Elsinore entered in it for the fun of it.
Anyway , I'll be there tomorrow and if I can help in any way let me know. RJ
hodakagirl

Post by hodakagirl »

rjmorel wrote:hodakagirl, My first bike was a Ace 100 .Many found memories of it and all the riding I did .
I'm in Walla Walla and need to go see my eye doctor tomorrow in Kennewick 10am 11/9/17. Then I'll do Costco and some running around to other places .
I have a huge set of channel-lock pliers and a Hodaka Flywheel puller if you need to borrow them, Also a good impact driver for getting the case screws loosened. I could take a crack at the muffler nut also if you want. Mine always came loose when riding. Became a pro with the dreaded channel-lock pliers. :))))
Are you the scooter girl that entered her Vespa scooter in the antique motorcycle show that was last month I think by Griggs and won one of the catagories? We met and talked for a bit. I had my Honda MT125 Elsinore entered in it for the fun of it.
Anyway , I'll be there tomorrow and if I can help in any way let me know. RJ
Hello! Yes, that's me! It was good talking with you. Can't believe the scoot beat out those cool old BMWs. That's people's choice for ya!! I only brought the scooter because I didn't have a motorcycle yet :D

Thank you for the offer .... I'm just now getting to check in on here. I just returned from San Diego last night. (My son graduated from boot camp everyone!!!!) So I wasn't home yesterday. I plan to dive back into the Hodaka tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. I will let you know if I need some more advice.

Thank you to everyone for the good vibes regarding the Crucible for my son! He had way too much fun at boot camp. I can't believe I was so worried, lol. Thank you to all of the veterans on this forum for your service to our country. Happy birthday to all of you Marines and Happy Veteran's Day everyone!
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Hodaka girl, you haven't posted for a while, how's the build progressing? Are you having fun yet?