super rat (93) 50T rear sprocket

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
tahoethumper

super rat (93) 50T rear sprocket

Post by tahoethumper »

Hello all, I have an Ace 100 rear sprocket (4 bolts connecting to hub) that is an overlay type. Whoever owned the bike before welded the trail and street sprockets together to make a stronger, permanent 50T trail sprocket. I have been shopping around for a 50T super rat sprocket (no overlay) and have come across some that are completely flat in design- meaning no offset/dished portion that fastens to the hub. I notice on the super rat schematics that the original rear sprocket is offset/dished. So my question is how does a completely flat sprocket work by not causing the chain to interfere with the wheel? Any suggestions? Any super rat sprockets for sale out there? Thanks for any info that can be thrown my way.
Gary G

Re: super rat (93) 50T rear sprocket

Post by Gary G »

The 93 has a non cushion hub. Uses the dished sprocket. The 93a and 93b have cushioned hubs. They use the flat sprocket. Paul has 52t dished sprockets for sale for the 93. Good 50t dished are hard to find.
tahoethumper

Re: super rat (93) 50T rear sprocket

Post by tahoethumper »

Gary, thank you for pointing this out to me- now I know. Gonna have to give S.H. a call and order a 52T.