Custom pin stripping ?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Kuntryquesttsi

Custom pin stripping ?

Post by Kuntryquesttsi »

Has anyone had any pin striping done? There isn't a lot of room on these bikes to put stuff, but I would like to have a pin strip dedication to my grandfather on the bike someplace. I'm not sure what exactly yet, but I'd like to incorporate his race number and a saying of some sorts.
Any pictures of placement?
socalhodaka

Re: Custom pin stripping ?

Post by socalhodaka »

Right on top of the tank.
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

I agree, plus you can get custom vinyl applications from lots of places that look good, and may well be more durable than hand applied paint, especially on chrome. The tank is the single largest area to work with.
AM103

Post by AM103 »

Kuntryquesttsi wrote:Has anyone had any pin striping done? There isn't a lot of room on these bikes to put stuff, but I would like to have a pin strip dedication to my grandfather on the bike someplace. I'm not sure what exactly yet, but I'd like to incorporate his race number and a saying of some sorts.
Any pictures of placement?
I do custom pinstriping....I can tell you that if the striper knows what they are doing, and correctly, it will be just as durable if not more durable that vinyl. I use One Shot paint. Most stripers use it as well. The One Shot is a enamel so it doesn't need a clear over it or anything. And if you don't like it, It can be removed with mineral spirits within 3 hours after it is done. After that, it still can be removed, but it's much more difficult to remove once it has hardened.
Aaron
Cedar Rapids, Iowa