Re: More 2015 Hodaka Days photos

Post by Zyx »

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

And of course, this years raffle bike...
image.jpg
image.jpg
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

I'll just add a bit to this thread. I didn't actually shoot any photos today - but did have a fine day marking the trail sections of the Bad Rock Trail Ride course. It was warm out -- but it has been hotter on trail marking day in past years.

However, my old PABATCO friend and mentor, Jim Gentry, gave me a small box of 35mm slides taken at the Starbuck (WA) MX in Feb/Mar of 1977. I was there campaigning on a fully street legal (except for knobbie tires) Wombat Model 03. It was a good way to practice and attempt to build some skill for speed in ISDT Qualifier style "enduro" events. Also present that day was Bill Perkins on his Hodaka. Bill went on to ride on the US team in the ISDT/E - though (sadly) not on a Hodie. ;)

G'night!
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
michael_perrett

Post by michael_perrett »

Why the big Skyway silencer? Doesn't the 03 have a spark arrestor?

Mike
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Take another look Mike. It doesn't have a stock 03 pipe. Looks a lot like a 175 pipe by the shape of it. Unfortunately, I don't remember any details about the machine.

Ed
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Almost time to head out for the Bad Rock Trail Ride! I know we have at least three ISDT/C Veterans riding - Preston Petty, Tom Penton and Carl Mendenhall. Noted ISDT Qualifier Course Marshall (Trask Mountain) from the days of yore, Dennis Bershaw will also be riding. It's going to be EPIC!

Temperatures are predicted to climb into the low 100's today . . . but at least we climb into the Blue Mts. up to about 4,500ft, so that will help (a little teensy bit).

Will try to report before bed time.

Ed
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wish I was there Capt..........
Smile for me too please.
Carl Cranke ??I thought Carl was going to be there also.
Paul
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

Good crowd, great ride. It was a hoot to get the chance to do 50-60 out in the meadows, and do some of that old tight woods boogie again. Been 41 years since I had the chance to open up on such country. Major smile. Beautiful country and good folks everywhere.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Arizona I enjoyed our visits and am glad you could make it to hodaka days . It has been 42 years since I cranked it on, the tight woods boogie just could not be ridden careful and slow. one of the things I try to do is touch base with those we meet on the forum. Your hodaka looks really sharp and you looked good on the track. Hodaka days is a blast all the way through. And as you say good folks everywhere.
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

Bullfrog wrote:I'll just add a bit to this thread. I didn't actually shoot any photos today - but did have a fine day marking the trail sections of the Bad Rock Trail Ride course. It was warm out -- but it has been hotter on trail marking day in past years.

However, my old PABATCO friend and mentor, Jim Gentry, gave me a small box of 35mm slides taken at the Starbuck (WA) MX in Feb/Mar of 1977. I was there campaigning on a fully street legal (except for knobbie tires) Wombat Model 03. It was a good way to practice and attempt to build some skill for speed in ISDT Qualifier style "enduro" events. Also present that day was Bill Perkins on his Hodaka. Bill went on to ride on the US team in the ISDT/E - though (sadly) not on a Hodie. ;)

G'night!
Ed
Nice period photos Ed. Post some more if you've got them!

Brian
oldmxracer

Post by oldmxracer »

Did Greg Watkins bring the Harry Taylor/Maico fork bike this year? Would like a picture of it....
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

oldmxracer wrote:Did Greg Watkins bring the Harry Taylor/Maico fork bike this year? Would like a picture of it....
No he did not. I will check it out next time I go to there house and photograph
oldmxracer

Post by oldmxracer »

Thanks.