Last Call for Raffle Tickets!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
bobwhitman

Last Call for Raffle Tickets!

Post by bobwhitman »

If you will not be able to attend Hodaka days in person, The Resonator Revisited's Associate Editor, Bob Whitman, in a fit of over-enthusiasm, has offered to purchase tickets for absent members. To take advantage of my offer, personal checks must be mailed to me and received no later than June 20, 2015.

I will personally purchase tickets with such funds received, and claim the Squirt, should any such ticket win. I reserve the right to test-ride the shiny little prize, should one of these tickets win it. Transport from Athena to the winner’s location shall be the responsibility of the winner.

To make such arrangements, email me at
[email protected] or call (541-954-0101) before mailing any checks.

Tickets are $5.00 each. Mail checks to:
Bob Whitman
3025 Neslo Lane
Eugene, OR 97405
bobwhitman

Re: Last Call for Raffle Tickets!

Post by bobwhitman »

Send no more! If you have not already mailed me a check for raffle tickets, don't mail any now - there is not enough time for me to get it before I leave home for Athena.

I already have received checks from Theta Williamson (original PABATCO employee and resident of Weston, OR), Mike Lollar (Alabama racer of 250ED and sometime Resonator Revisited contributor), and Steve Fellows (former Hodaka dealer -1971-74 from New Hampshire), with another check or two expected in tomorrow's mail. All told, I should be buying over $200 worth of raffle tickets for these folks! The Gem Theater and I thank you.

Bob
lonedave

Post by lonedave »

Bob
My check went out Thursday, so I'm hoping it shows in time. I'm sure I speak for all of us who can't be there when I say thanks!!
Dave
taz

Post by taz »

Thanks ! :D
Taz
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Mail arrived, along with checks for tickets from Taz (Milo) and Brian & Nolan Briggs. Still waiting on another from nearby (Dave Koontz), but there should be time for it to arrive in the mail before I leave. Thank you, all!
Bob
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Dang! I received some $230 from a number of Chat Group folk, and accordingly purchased some 46 tickets. My right hand nearly wore out entering the purchasers' names & phone numbers, but - alas - none of the tickets won, nor did the several tickets I bought for my granddaughter.

The bike was won by Linda & Max Wells of Milton-Freewater, OR (about 20 miles up the road from Hodaka Days). Max was a PABATCO employee (parts dept.) who actually completed an original Bad Rock and competed on a trials Hodie built by Harry Taylor & Curt Jensen! They were very excited. I'll have more info on them in the early fall issue of the Resonantor Revisited, and hope to extract a piece about Max's exploits and stories fro "back in the day." He is a serious tale-teller!

Bob
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Um, that would have been Curt Alexander. Max and Linda were PUMPED about winning the Dirt Squirt! :D

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
MWL

Post by MWL »

Bob
Thanks for buying the tickets. I know you had plenty of other things to do.
Mike