Webco parts for Early Super Rat

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Charlie R

Webco parts for Early Super Rat

Post by Charlie R »

No, I'm not selling any! I have been accumulating Webco parts for a few years with the intentions of building an early Super Rat utilizing as many Webco parts as I can source. So, here's what I have to start with...
93A Super Rat roller less chain guard (big surprise huh?)
Engines to choose from....20 over stock model 93, 10 over model 93 finger ported with a Webco head, a model 93 fitted with NOS Webco 125 kit
Webco Footpegs
Webco Gas Cap...will probably build an aluminum tank to fit the cap
Webco handlebars....you know, the ones that had the curved crossbar? But I think they are flat track bars-too much sweep
Webco skid plate
Here's what I need from the more "experienced" experts here.....

What other parts did Webco produce that I should look for?
What period mods to the chassis would have been correct for this time period?

In essence, I would like your help and advice in building this bike. I will chronicle the build as we go but don't expect daily updates. I have to pay for this stuff :)
I'm looking forward to yall's (Okie speak) ideas and input!
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
taber hodaka

Re: Webco parts for Early Super Rat

Post by taber hodaka »

I believe they had a oil (aluminum or steel) dip stick, They had a cushion hub I have one on the 90 and a electronic ignition that may be Webco. They were a good company to deal with . I used and sold webco like many of you.. Are the curved crossbar handlebars marked Webco? This is fun----------- Clarence
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Also webco had adjustable main jet for the 24 mm carb also fit a 26mm. Im lucky enough to still have two from back in the day and are being used on by bikes . They also had an aluminum rear fender ,I had one on my first Hodaka

Rich
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Wow Charlie--looks like a fun project! It looks like you have almost everything. Webco was a great company to work with and they supplied a large part of my aftermarket sales. I used to get so excited when the new Webco catalog arrived! Keep us posted---- :)

Max
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

Use the Webco cylinder conversion unless you are determined to stay in the 100cc class. As for the rear hub, the 93 didn't have a cushioned hub, the 93A did. Pick a build line and go from there. I remember trading away my cushioned hub from the 100B for a solid hub from a 93 because at the time it was thought to be better somehow. Can't imagine why. But it did survive all these years with a Webco 125 top end so weakness isn't the issue. Maybe gear life. I will pull the transmission one of these days and take a look. Probably easier on chains as well.

Finding a chain guard and chain guide can be like searching for the holy grail. I know I tossed mine when I upgraded to knobbies. Just didn't see the point. Now, I would figure if it isn't holding me down, why get rid of it. It does keep gunk off the chain more or less, and weighs less than the junk I carry in my pockets.
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Greg, this a 93A. I will be building a Swenco copy swing arm so the stock chain guard is of no interest to me. They are rare but a guy over on the Marketplace side had 4 bikes listed for 1000.00. One one them was listed as an Ace 100 but the pics showed a Model 93A complete with air box and chain guard. I'm sure other astute observers saw the same thing and have snatched it up by now. I replied to the ad but saw no response so I'm sure they're gone. IMO the more difficult to find part is the kill switch (4th pic). So far I've run across 2 in one of the bins. I saw a guy on Ebay had one listed for 500.00. I guess I better find some more and retire!

Clarence-I do have the dipstick. Its a steel dipstick with a knurled aluminum cap.

Anyway, I promised some pics so here's where we're starting......
IMG_1218.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG
IMG_1217.JPG
IMG_1219.JPG
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
rlkarren

Post by rlkarren »

Let me speak up for that chain guard if you're not going to use it. I **really** need it to make my 93 complete.

Roger
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I would like your help and advice in building this bike. I will chronicle the build as we go but don't expect daily updates. I have to pay for this stuff
This reminds of a guy who once told me "I spent all my money on women, beer and motorcycles, the rest I just wasted."--Well spoken--- :D

Maxie
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Roger- this frame is missing the chain guard but I won't be needing one anyway because of the new swing arm. If I run across one I'll keep you in mind. I seem to have my best luck finding stuff when I'm not looking ;)
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Sorry to report but this project was been terminated.

Charlie R.
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Charlie , Webco also made an adjustable main jet that fit the 24mm and 26mm Mikuni carb , and an aluminum rear fender , I had them , still using the adjustable main jets got two on bikes.

Rich