SH closed today

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
admin
Site Admin

SH closed today

Post by admin »

Sorry folks a lot of you were to have parts shipped today ( Monday 1/2) and a lot of you have left phone messages and sent emails the past couple days. Today we had a pretty good sized snow storm here in Southern Vermont. Normally this is not an issue but last Friday I snapped the chains on two wheels of my 1960 Powerwagon. So if any of you have been here before you understand that 16" of snow and no chains on two wheels with this steep driveway equals a snow day. It worked out ok as my #1 buddy and Patriots fan was sleeping over from last nights game. When your only 16 months old and spend all day on the snowmobile and watch the big game with "Pa" life does not get any better at least for "Pa"...
Sorry to everyone for the delays in communicating but we will be back at it full throttle tomorrow.
Thanks
Paul
michael_perrett

Re: SH closed today

Post by michael_perrett »

Do you have all four tires with chains? I have on mine a few times. I remember your driveway.

Mike Perrett
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes Mike we had chains on all four wheels. New chains for all wheels arrive Wednesday. I bet you do remember my driveway :-)
Paul
rough rider

Post by rough rider »

I hope they can deliver those chains to you in all that snow, Paul. Wow!! Richard
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I will find out today if they made it or not. More snow tomorrow but that is life in VT.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

For those who have not been to Paul's, the driveway from the house to the road is a combo of down hill ski run and a bobsled track, hard enuff in the summer, but steep and windy down thru the trees when slippery at times. Better that coffee I would imagine at times.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hey Paul--How much snow now and are you OK?-- Just checking on you!-- How in the heck do you post those silly Smilies?!

Maxie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Max just returned from Boston. We did an event for the sausage co at the Boston World Trade Center. They shut the event and the city down Sunday because of the high winds and snow. They have a lot of snow but we have more. Ivan is just over the mountain from me and not sure if he has more snow or we do here. The TV say's we have had over 72" of snow so far. I can tell you that on top of the mtn behind the house it is so deep the snowmobile cannot get through it right now. I have my powerwagon and new chains so I am in love ! 8' plow and four wheel low with chains on all four wheels and a load of wood in the dump body nothing will stop the truck. Let it snow let it snow let it snow.

Smiley's go to the full editor and you should find the smiley's etc.. :lol: :D
Thanks
Paul
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

YIKES! Scary report :D---- :lol:

Maxie
Larry S

Post by Larry S »

Paul

When you got your new tire chains, you did get some chain pliers and a bag of spare cross links didn't you? : )

Larry S