ISDTRR bike

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
mac

ISDTRR bike

Post by mac »

Hello everyone,

I was on the old forum for a short time,but am new to this one.I haven,t been able too ride much in the last couple of years and even sold off a couple of old bikes but I did keep my two Hodakas.I plan on rebuilding my 94 Wombat to ride at the ISDTRR in OH this year and will maybe have more than a few questions.

I want to put together a nice reliable and fun bike for the ISDTRR.When I bought the bike a couple of years ago I also purchased a NOS endurocross kit,CW exhaust,carb and airbox from a gentleman on this forum.I plan to rebuild the entire engine.So my question is do I install the endurocross kit or keep it as a stock Wombat?I,m not to good at jetting so will it be hard to get the reed motor dialed in? I also realize that with the reeded motor I will have to race against the 175 bikes,but my main goal is to participate,finish and have fun.

The other Hodaka is a 1970 Ace 100 and I had kicked around using that in the 100 class,but the plan now is to turn it into a trials bike to try and get my daughter riding.

Thanks much for any help or advice!
hodakamax

Re: ISDTRR bike

Post by hodakamax »

Hey Mac--welcome back to the forum. I hadn't raced for over 40 years but after finding a 94A in a barn a couple of years ago and rebuilding it,I too decided to go for the "Last Great Race" and entered the ISDTRR in Oklahoma last year. I'm 72 years old and it was a little trying but quite the blast! Go with the reed as I did on the 94. The reed will add extra horsepower and tractability--jetting is simple and the great bunch on the forum will keep you informed and have plenty of great advice. Don't worry about the 175s just go participate and have a blast! Here's a shot of my 94A that I rode--It was a good horse, never missed a beat and took me to the finish. (It even started on the first kick after being upside down!)
later
Maxie
Attachments
max1.jpg
mac

Post by mac »

Hey Max,thanks for the words of encouragement.After re-looking over the AHRMA CC rules I see that as far as being up against bigger bikes it wouldn,t matter if I ran sportsman or classic class.

Great job on rescuing the 94a from the barn,it turned out beautful!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Oops--I forgot to send the 'before shots". Scary!-- Keep us posted on the project.

Max
Attachments
max3.jpg
max4.jpg
mac

Post by mac »

Wow! That was some transformation-great job! I can appreciate how much time and money went into that.I was just reading the Hodaka performance tips in the tech section and there is a bunch of helpful info in there on jetting.I will post some pictures as work progresses.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

The Hodaka crew is at your service--jetting made easy! Seriously that reed and mods will make the 94 perform better without being radical. Have fun--and again keep us posted.

Maxie