72 wombat reed intake

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakahagg

72 wombat reed intake

Post by hodakahagg »

i am new to hodaka,any and all help is so thankful.got a 72 94 wombat 125.want to go with reed set up,have a chance to buy a GEM intake that says it;l work on super rat and wombat???lettal confused bout all the rat, super rat ,wombat, combat wombat super combat wombat..........thanks!!! up front just wana tell ya it's goin in a rickman frame.....love the power plant!!!!
BrianZ

Re: 72 wombat reed intake

Post by BrianZ »

The 93 Super Rat and 94 Wombat share the same intake port stud spacing, so the reed manifold will work on either bike. The difficult part of the installation is modifying the cylinder and piston to work with the reed valve. You will need to grind boost ports into the cylinder, and then drill holes in the piston skirt.

Brian
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Hey Hodakahagg

Before you start grinding get in touch with me 702-858-9177

Rich
hodakahagg

Post by hodakahagg »

thanks for the info! i do know about the porting & piston mods, that will be done by a hodaka guy.had a zundap in it back in the day....built by E.C.Bert
it was the bomb....then the RM's andCR's came along. not that where any faster.they were able to find gears the first time you selected them!!!!
any way, i look forward to the hodaka i remember quite a few rickman ace 100's given me a hard time!!
thanks RICH and BRIAN!!
Bryan Haggart