Wombat 94A rims

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Wombat 94A rims

Post by hodakamax »

When I brought this 94A home from the barn, it had D.I.D. Japanese rims on it. Are these stock or aftermarket?
Maxie
Attachments
Hodaka_94A_rims_846.jpg
eMax_WomRtSide568.jpg
socalhodaka

Re: Wombat 94A rims

Post by socalhodaka »

Not stock, there off either a SR,SC or CW. So who's bike is that on the bottom? Nice pipe.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

It's the same bike, It's the bike I rode in ISDT RR in Oklahoma in October.(I had to restore it again after the event!) The pipe is a Circle F I bought from Paul. The bike must of had a racing past with aluminum rims and Preston Petty fenders. I refurbished the fenders and wheels which came out quite useable and added a little nostalgia to the project. It looks pretty good after re-restoring (Is that a word?)
Maxie
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

OK so you say you restored the fenders, right. How about some more on that process.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

The fenders had white coat of oxidation that looked hopeless. I even ordered some new UFOs and while I was waiting for them to arrive I tried wet sanding the old units. Slowly they began to shape up. I then painted them with Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. That stuff really sticks and is flexible and can be bought at your local hardware store. Not perfect but the UFOs are on the "Next Project" shelf.

Maxie
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

It was -4 (wind chill) with a howling wind in Kansas this morning. I'm really bored and am in between projects (can't you tell). So, I shot a couple of pics of the restored fenders for you. Not perfect, but at least the nostalgia part is perfect! I left the holes for some enduro lighting options -- yawn -- .
Maxie
Attachments
eHodaka_frontFender.jpg
eHodaka_rearFender.jpg