Reproduction Mirrors #908745

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
admin
Site Admin

Reproduction Mirrors #908745

Post by admin »

We have just received some samples of a new reproduction product we had been trying to make for a few years now. These are the early style Hodaka mirrors specific for the Ace 90's, Ace 100's and model (94) Wombat. The mirror itself is almost an exact copy of the OEM mirror. It even has the 8mm threads to mate with the early perches. The only difference is the diameter of the stem. The OEM stem is 9.75mm thick and the new reproduction stem is 8.25mm thick. The OEM mirror is 1 1/2" taller than the reproduction mirror. Dang close!

Bruce Young from Hodaka Parts in Idaho along with SH will be stocking these. Inventory will be in stock sometime mid-January. We have a limited amount coming this first trip. If interested please contact Bruce at [email protected] or myself at [email protected] directly to get your names on a list. The photos below show an OEM mirror ( right) compared to the new shiny reproduction mirror (left)
Thanks
Paul
Attachments
mirror.jpg
mirro.jpg
socalhodaka

Re: Reproduction Mirrors #908745

Post by socalhodaka »

Nice work, thanks for all you do to keep our bikes on the road.
Kelly
olddogs

Post by olddogs »

I need to second that THANKS for guys like Paul and Bill Cook who have made a lifetime commitment to keeping our old bikes on 2 wheels. After years of serious health issues I have gotten a second chance at life. This year my 13 year old son and I have become deeply involved in Vintage MX. We have depended on these guys to keep our stable of Hodakas on the track. Without the easy access to practically ever part we need, usually before the next race, these great memories would have never happened.
Brian4236

Post by Brian4236 »

I need to third that thanks!
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Hi
When I got my 1964 Ace 90 from my father inlaw it had the mirrors on it. He bought it new in 64. One was bent, but easy to straighten but both were not broken and they were Round. They are round with an adjustment on the back. Also when I got my 94A Wombat one mirror was round and also had the adjustment on the back.
Everything I have looked at, shows the round mirror. Now I question the the design. If you look at all the old pictures the new models had the rectangular mirrors. Newer Models show rectangular mirrors with no adjustment. Please prove me wrong. I would hate to have the wrong mirrors on my restored Bikes.
Thanks Guys & Gals
MTRob
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Rob I will dig out my pictures and look. I sold hodaka from 1965 to 1975. The early hodaka's had the rectangular mirrors. Is it cold enough for a dish of ice cream ??--------------Clarence
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Rob the rectangular style mirrors were used on the Ace 90's, Ace 100's (all models) and the 1972 Wombat ( model 94). In 1973 starting with the model 94A the mirrors were switched to the round style. A bike only came with one mirror for the left side even though the right brake perch was drilled and tapped to accept a mirror. I hope this makes sense.
Thank you
Paul
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Thanks Paul
I asked my father inlaw last night if he ever changed the mirrors. He said the mirrors are the ones that were on it when he bought it in 64.
Could Hodaka put those on the bike or do you think the dealer did it ?
Thanks
MTRob
2wheeled

Post by 2wheeled »

I was looking back and came across this. According to this my 69 Ace should only have one rectangle mirror on the left side. That would make sense why it has an oddball mirror on the right. Any thoughts from anyone ? That would be great I would be back to searching for grips only.