Rear wheel question?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
RichardMott

Rear wheel question?

Post by RichardMott »

I have a 1973 Dirt Squirt I picked up recently. It is missing the complete rear wheel assembly. :oops:
What wheel assemblies will fit? I.E. Road Toad, Ace, Wombat 03. I know the original was a 17 inch, but I was going with an 18 inch. :roll:
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
BrianZ

Re: Rear wheel question?

Post by BrianZ »

I have an 18" wheel on the back of my Dirt Squirt. I think it is originally from an ACE 100B. You can make any rear wheel from a model 93 to a 99 fit (I don't have any experience with the later bikes), but the 94 Wombat is probably your best bet, as the spacers and sprocket drive flange are the same. Watch out for other model sprocket drive flange and spacers. Hodaka changed the sprocket drive flange several times, I think to gain chain clearance for larger rear tires.

Brian
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

Thanks Mr. Z. I was fairly confident that there are a variety of wheels that are interchangeable. Yes, the 03 Wombat has a different distance configuration. :ugeek: The primary sprocket is extended more than the other 100 and 125s. I have an 03 motor in an Ace frame. :shock: There are several wheels on eBay. ;) Not sure if I want to go that route. :( Maybe I can find something at a swap-meet. :)
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
olddogs

Post by olddogs »

Correct. I believe all the100s and 125s, (Squirts, Toads and Wombats) with oil injection use the same sprocket flange offset. With the right flange,any of the models rims and hubs should work, but watch your axel spaces. They can and do get mixed up.