Steen Serial number???

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
haclsbb

Steen Serial number???

Post by haclsbb »

I have a Steen I bought new in 1971. I am just now trying to get a title so I can get off road stickers so my grandaughter can ride it in the mountains. Where did Steen put the VIN number?? My paper work from the date of purchase indicates an ID number of (MS 281) There is a little aluminum tag on the left side beneith the front of the tank but that shows nothing of a VIN number. Anyone out there know where to look? Did the Steen even have a VIN number. It is possible that the "MS 281' figure is not a VIN number,it is written in a space called "Identification number". It may be some identification number of the dealer????
BrianO

Re: Steen Serial number???

Post by BrianO »

Mine is stamped on the edge of the swing arm tab. It's barely visible on this bike, because of the powder coating.
Attachments
frameid1.jpg
haclsbb

Post by haclsbb »

Thanks for the reply. You were right.
BrianO

Post by BrianO »

Glad I could help. Hope you and your grand daughter have many good times with the Steen.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Hello Brian, thanks for the heads up as to where to find the numbers on a Steens. The half of the one I have missing the rear wheel, and needs lot of tender loving care, it says on the swingarm exactly where we where told to look, 2MX3892 any idea what year it was built. Thanks Bruce HODAKAparts.com IDAHO
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
BrianO

Post by BrianO »

Bruce,
Sorry for the late reply. I don't know how to decode the VIN. Sorry......... Wish I was more help.