John Penton movie

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
admin
Site Admin

John Penton movie

Post by admin »

Patti and I headed off Thursday morning for a showing of the new John Penton movie. The movie is being shown at this time at specific theaters.This showing was in Baltimore Maryland which for us was a 7+ hour trip. It is up to an individual to take charge in an area to see if there is enough demand for the showing . If this proves to be a viable thing then the theater is booked and movie shown. I say this as it is not out at every theater even though it should be.
If the opportunity arises and you have the chance to see it it will be the very best $ 11.50 you could spend. The movie is not just about a motorcycle. It is about a man and his family along with the struggles in life that come with being a man with vision. It tells the highs and the lows of Mr. Penton's life and his willingness to never give up and never quit. There are a lot of similarities between what Mr. Penton was trying to do and what the folks at Hodaka were trying to do along with the eventual demise of both companies.
I was very lucky to have both Jack and John Penton come to this viewing which made it even more special.
Again if you have the chance to see this movie you do not need to love motorcycles or even love Penton motorcycles it tells a great story about a great man that is still with us today and still going strong! Bring your significant other buy a soda and some popcorn and enjoy!
Thanks
Paul
DesertRat54

Re: John Penton movie

Post by DesertRat54 »

Thanks for this, Paul. I'd REALLY like to see this. I've contacted the distributors about hosting a showing here in Roanoke,Virginia, but have not heard anything back from them. I'm going to keep trying...

Bill in Virginia
Bill in Virginia

"A man must know his limitations."
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

Anyone know if there will be a DVD available?
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

At some point there will be a DVD. As part of the Kickstart financing campaign, certain perks were offered at different levels of donation, DVD, posters, etc. There was some kind of a deal where they cant let out the DVD for a certain amount of time so the theater distributor has total veiwing rights , 4 months I beleive. Buy hey, ya can't beat seeing it on the big screen. I hope to be able to see one closer to upstate NY before it hits DVD format.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The DVD has been made but as Dan mentioned it cannot be released until the theaters have time so show the film. Todd really stuck his neck out financially to make this movie. I doubt it will be a money making movie for him knowing as the movie was being made "things" came up and it cost a lot more to make. The big screen is really the way to go and see this.

Bill I will send your request directly to Jack and Todd this morning. Let me know if they get back with you please. I would love to have a showing here in Southern Vermont but explained to both Jack and Todd I already have a lot going on and to take this on would bury me. Unless Ivan and Billy want to do it with me :-)
Thanks
Paul
Zombat

Post by Zombat »

There is a potential showing of the John Penton Story in Kansas City, MO on Sept 18th at the Tivoli Cinema (4050 Pennsylvania, KCMO).

Although they need 52 reservations by September 8th for the showing to go ahead, and currently only have 4 reservations (including 2 for me).

If anyone wants to see this film in KC, please get your reservations in ASAP.

Here are a couple of links for your convenience:
http://pentonmovie.com/see-the-film/
https://gathr.us/screening/8555

Thanks,
James