Report from Good's Cycle Shop, really just the garage.

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Report from Good's Cycle Shop, really just the garage.

Post by hodakamax »

One I posted on Facebook and our home page. Thought you might like to see what's going on today!

Eweleen checking on me. I keep forgetting that if I finish one of these examples that looks really fun, comes the big question of; “Where would I ride it?” Major problem for a guy with seven untagged Hodakas but only one title. Rode the “Last Great Race” in 2014 on a highly modified 94 Wombat built from scratch for the occasion. Parked it an haven’t ride it since. Still looks cool sitting around the shop. Another Hodaka short tracker and first Hodaka for me, ‘60s adventures, restored and hanging in the living room, retired like me. That was certainly a fun part of life. I’d like to re-run that part! Weekly races and riding everyday! About the most fun thing in life so far. Bad Rock, 2018, last big off road fling, add that to the top ten motorcycling adventures. Dirt riding has gone somewhere but it ain’t in Kansas anymore. New hope and interest here, a street legal Hodaka. Current project. Something semi-practical, going from A to B, the fun way. Show bikes are fun, both the build and show adventure, something else in steep decline. Car shows now without motorcycles. Have several examples sitting. No complaints, big fun and entertainment to build. They too look good in the shop, giving one a feeling of well being but requiring dusting. Speed attempt Hodaka, optional road racer almost complete. Getting kinda old for that and also events far-away, my excuse. Trials bike project back there if I run out of something to do. Anyone need a XS-650 cafe racer? Lookin’ good and sounding great. You would look good on this!… Silver and red Hodaka dirt builds on the list and will need testing come spring. Both look fun. About it for a winter report from Good’s Cycle Shop for today. Think I’ll work on this one today, spring will be here soon! Maxie
Attachments
All is well at this end.
All is well at this end.
matt glascock

Re: Report from Good's Cycle Shop, really just the garage.

Post by matt glascock »

Awesome stable, Maxie. I suggest fabbing a roulette wheel-type affair with each bike assigned a space on the wheel. Head to the shop, give it a spin, and go riding. Takes the torture out of deciding which bike to take for a spin. Win win win win win.