Super Rat Mashup

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Cruisermar

Super Rat Mashup

Post by Cruisermar »

Looking for advice in the best way to approach a potential Super Rat project. I’ve got a complete model 93B that’s in good shape and an extra model 98 frame laying around. I picked it up in a batch of Hodaka parts I bought several years ago and just never did anything with it. The 98 frame is In good shape from what I can tell. I even had it bead blasted just get the rush and crud off it. I’m wondering if there would be any value in transferring the guts of the model 93 to the 98? I’m not exactly looking for a complete model 98 resto at this point, though it almost seems a pity not too. But I thought maybe the 98 frame was superior to the model 93 and it’d be worth using. Are there any benefits to the 98 frame like sturdiness, weight, balance, rake and trail, anything that would make the time, effort or money worth it? Or are the components so different it would be feasible anyway? Any hot takes are appreciated. Thanks
Dale

Re: Super Rat Mashup

Post by Dale »

I don't think I would switch frames given that your 93B is complete. I am not really a purist but that does seem wrong. That said, these are your parts and you can do what you wish. The 98 frame would be an upgrade for sure. Perhaps someone out there is desperately searching for a complete 93B project and some swapping could be done?
Dale