SuperRat Fender set...

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Burkeeboy

SuperRat Fender set...

Post by Burkeeboy »

Hey all...

I'm working on a 70 SuperRat. Looking for a fender set.
Can anyone help? I'd gladly buy an original set or if someone has a suggestion
for an aftermarket set that might work?

Thanks so much.

Burkee
matt glascock

Re: SuperRat Fender set...

Post by matt glascock »

I'm probably the only moron on the planet who still races a 93B with the original stainless steel fenders. Can't help it. I love the look (and ride like a guy who does not want to crash). All the smart people have taken them off and replaced them with PPs or UFOs - or a zillion other brands. They are rare and veering into unobtanium-range scarcity. If you like the stainless steel look, you could probably get any later Ace 100 fenders to work +/- a few holes here and there. Also, the rear fenders on some of the painted tank-era models can be stripped to reveal the stainless steel underneath. If you find a set, be prepared to drop some coin. And never mount them. Beyond that, I know HPI has UFO (I have a couple sets in service now - awesome) and Preston Pettys are universally excellent.
Tether

Post by Tether »

I used a 94 Wombat rear fender. Cut about 6” off the back, about 1” above the tail light mounts. Drilled new mounting holes. The Wombat mounting holes will end up being the rear number bracket mounts

5B3EFC6B-605A-4EF5-B015-917C541DE456.jpeg
fortunet1

Post by fortunet1 »

Tether wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:33 am I used a 94 Wombat rear fender. Cut about 6” off the back, about 1” above the tail light mounts. Drilled new mounting holes. The Wombat mounting holes will end up being the rear number bracket mounts

5B3EFC6B-605A-4EF5-B015-917C541DE456.jpeg
NICE looking build you got going on there.....would like to be at that stage.
Say,...is that a nice rattle can spray job, professionally sprayed or powder coated ?
I've been told to stick with plain spray if i'm going to ride around in the gravel,etc. so it's easier to touch up than chip able powder coat.
Tether

Post by Tether »

The paint is a single stage acrylic enamel over a good primer. The color is “fire engine red” from the local automotive paint store. I do my own painting. I have never had a motorcycle powder coated but the chip issue makes sense. I’ve seen some pretty nice rattle can paint jobs but, in my opinion, it’s harder to do than using a paint gun.