Best Time at Unadilla!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
ossa95d

Best Time at Unadilla!

Post by ossa95d »

I have ridden the National track at Unadilla many times and it's always a special experience, but this time I got to do it with my 13 year old grandson Chase! Many years ago as a very small child he helped me build my Super Toad. It was only fitting when they announced that there would be a Junior class at the Vintage Weekend for 12-15 year olds on pre-1975 bikes that he ride for the first time on the pro track at Unadilla on that bike he helped me build. To top it all off we both got to bring back 1st place plaques! He won the Junior class on the Toad and I won the 100cc class on the orange bike... both on Hodakas... what fun!!
Attachments
Showing Chase the track in practice (I know... I'm not on the Hodaka here, I was saving it for the race.)
Showing Chase the track in practice (I know... I'm not on the Hodaka here, I was saving it for the race.)
Two 1st place plaques!
Two 1st place plaques!
Ivan AKA "Pop"
taber hodaka

Re: Best Time at Unadilla!

Post by taber hodaka »

It does not get better than that. Congrats-- Clarence
Dale

Post by Dale »

That is an epic day right there! Congrats!
Dale
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Congrats. That's the coolest thing I've heard in, like, forever.
givergas

Post by givergas »

some times it seems we spent are whole lives to become grandparents and what you and your grandson just pulled off damneer brought tears to my eyes. good job grandpa..albert
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

Thanks guys! I have to tell you that I am so proud of Chase. He's a good kid and he would have fit right in with us 50 or 60 years ago when we were getting started with dirt bikes. He helps me on the farm too! Sarah Lane was trackside at Unadilla taking pictures and she always gets really great shots. I can't wait to see her pictures, and when I do I will pass them along. I started racing in the late 60's so if you count the decades... 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's, and now 2020's... that's racing in 7 decades! Having said that, this was probably one of my top memories out of all 7 decades.
Ivan AKA "Pop"
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Terrific tale Pop! If you get more pix (tho what you have are good enough) how about writing it up for the Resonator?
Bob