50th Anniversary Shirt

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
bchappy

50th Anniversary Shirt

Post by bchappy »

Do anyone know the identity of the Hodaka rider on the back of the 50th Anniversary shirt or was he just an average American rider in a 1960 advertisement?
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
gregg_floren

Re: 50th Anniversary Shirt

Post by gregg_floren »

It was a friend of Marv Foster, the former ad man for PABATCO. Marv designed the advertising Banner we "borrowed" the design from, but he couldn't remember the guy's name.

Gregg
pungo

Post by pungo »

Are there any more of those shirts available for those of us that could not attend?

I dont see any on the SH site currently, perhaps later?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim what remaining shirts are available ( very few) will be sold on the Hodaka Club website. It may be a little while before we have them up there. We are trying to keep the Hodaka Club sales items separate from SH as much as possible. SH will jump in and help where and when needed but we hope to have the Hodaka Club's sales stand on their own now.
Great tee shirt I have two.....
Thank you
Paul
pungo

Post by pungo »

OK Excellent, as a HC member I would like to have one (would like two but since in short supply leave for others). If there is enough demand any chance of getting more and selling them throughout 2014, raising funds for the club?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think Tim we are not going to make another run but rather sell off what we have left. This may change but as of private phone calls yesterday I think we will just try and sell out. Diane Watkins did a GREAT job on these shirts. She has a great talent and has been fantastic for the Club!
Paul
gotcha

Post by gotcha »

Would like one as well. I am sure there will some notice when they show up on either site. Thanks.
Too old to grow up now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you are a Hodaka Club member I believe there will be a notice sent out to make everyone aware of the new items on the Club's site . The Tee shirts and I believe 50th anniversary patches also.
Thank you
Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think we are getting close to putting the remaining 50th anniversary tee shirts up for sale on the Hodaka Club website along with some other items. There are not many shirts left so be quick hitting the "buy " button. If you are a Hodaka Club member you will be notified via email soon so stay tuned..........
Thanks
Paul
pungo

Post by pungo »

Has this happened yet?
Been watching the club sale area, other items in my cart.