Hodaka Club of Canada

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Darrell

Hodaka Club of Canada

Post by Darrell »

Here's what can happen if you know a smart aleck with a print shop.
The back story: I belong to an informal MC club made up of an eclectic mix of bikes and riders...then there's me and the Hodakas
which takes it to the outer fringes. They think I'm the only Hodaka rider in the nation!
P_20140625_063342.jpg
Droptarotter

Re: Hodaka Club of Canada

Post by Droptarotter »

What a pile of fools!
I'm here also!
Cheers
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Great! That means membership in the Canadian Hodaka Club has doubled from one member to two - so I get the last laugh on those hosers.
And get this...at the book signing and ice-cream social I met another Hodaka owner who came from Port Alberni, my old hometown on Vancouver Island.

Hodakas Rule - in Canada too. Eh?
Dale

Post by Dale »

Darrell,
I had the pleasure of meeting Brian and Betty Ann from Ontario while in Athena. Delightful people. I think your wolfpack of one has the potential to grow even more...
Dale
Dale
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Hello, Canada, Hodaka riders, I too, like Dale talked to several persons from Canada whom owned Hodaka,s at Athena and all where very enthusiastic to become more involved in the Hodaka World, I say welcome! We all will need to work together to help each other with our projects no matter where we are from. Also talked with some great guys from over the water in Australia and they to where really great to talk to and meet and exchange ideas. If we can :D :roll: help in anyway, please give us a shout, we will be happy to help with any issues and problems. Bruce Young Hodakaparts.com IDAHO
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

I'm the Brian from Canada. It was great to meet everyone at Hodaka Days. Even my wife said that Hodaka folks are a great bunch.

Us Canadians need to create a "high shipping cost to Canada" support group. :o

Brian
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Brian, please give us some contact, and I can possibly help with import of parts to Canada support and info, Bruce Young Hodakaparts.com IDAHO
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
Jamie B

Post by Jamie B »

You can add 1 more Canadian owner !!!!
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

Jamie, you're not too far from me. I'm just east of Guelph. There is a vintage race coming up on July 13 at Gopher Dunes near Tilsonburg. I'm not sure if you are into the vintage MX scene, but there is usually a good group of vintage racers there along with a display of some nicely restored 70's and 80's vintage bikes. I'll be there racing my Hodaka.

http://www.sasquatchcycle.ca/?page_id=15

Brian
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

BrianZ wrote:I'm the Brian from Canada. It was great to meet everyone at Hodaka Days. Even my wife said that Hodaka folks are a great bunch.

Us Canadians need to create a "high shipping cost to Canada" support group. :o

Brian
Here's my support: Make sure your orders are simply sent USPS and the box should arrive (eventually) with no nonsense.

I had one order sent by courier (UPS/FedEx/Loomis?) and the driver rolled me for about $95 extra in taxes and duties - but most of it for a "border handling fee" charged by the courier. As I recall the total cost of this order was under $350.00, so more than 25 percent in add-on charges was a bit of a kick to the privates.

Anyhow, just bare-bones USPS will get the job done without additional Canadian taxes, fees, etc.

Darrell
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

I agree 100% Darrell. I used UPS... once... You need to be home to accept the package and their brokerage fees are crazy. I always specify USPS shipping, but it seems to have gotten a lot more expensive over the past 3 or 4 years, to the point where I have pretty much given up on ebay.

I bought a fair bit of stuff at Hodaka Days, to the point I had to buy an extra luggage bag to get it home. I had to pay an additional $35 to check the bag onto the plane, but it was still cheaper than shipping it USPS.

Brian