250ED Flywheel removal

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Cruisermar

250ED Flywheel removal

Post by Cruisermar »

Looking for some guidance on removing the flywheel on my 250ED. The flywheel is obviously not like the one on my ACEs for which I have a flywheel puller which works fantastic. Since there aren't any threads on the inside of the flywheel I'm assuming this isn't an issue of getting a puller similar to the other ones, just a larger size. I have an owners manual but no shop manual that outlines this procedure. Was there a tool made specifically for removing this kind of flywheel? The 3 threaded holes in the middle look suspiciously like they serve a purpose related to this but I can't tell for sure and I don't want to just go screwing things into strange holes (which by the way is just good life advice in general).
Any tips or tricks from the Hodaka community or fellow 250 owners?
Thanks

Marlin
Attachments
flywheel.jpg
thrownchain

Re: 250ED Flywheel removal

Post by thrownchain »

Get the 12 hole universal puller, they are on eBay. I got one a few years ago at hodaka days and it ‘s more than paid for itself. I used it on KT 250 flywheels and it works great,
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Cruisermar, good life hack :lol:
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

The three threaded holes are attachment points for a puller.

Pro Tip: Don't turn in the puller bolts too far. The ends might crush or strike the stator coils.
Cruisermar

Post by Cruisermar »

Thank you, looks like the eBay puller will do the trick. Now to hope there’s not too much damage lurking underneath.