250 clutch plates

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Strathbike

250 clutch plates

Post by Strathbike »

Does anyone a option for replacement friction plates for the 250 ? Can't see any on Terry's site . Do they match up with any other bike ? Need a seturgently , before next weekend , doubt I could get them from the States in time . Any help greatly appreciated ,
Regards , John
Darrell

Re: 250 clutch plates

Post by Darrell »

I wish I had an answer for you, but I've never seen them available.

I'm also racking up the miles on a 250SL (looking for an old gold mine tomorrow) and will need clutch plates sooner or later.

Darrell
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Hodaka Parts gold or the yellow stuff? Clarence
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

I know Greg uses Barnett plates, but I think some work on the basket is necessary
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

taber hodaka wrote:Hodaka Parts gold or the yellow stuff? Clarence
The yellow stuff.

Actually did find the old placer mining operation and cabin today. I think they also panned in the gravel beside the river. Reportedly this was a Depression-era "New Deal" sort of Canadian government project to teach hobos how to pan and placer mine for themselves. Students got a free daily ration of tobacco too, according to an old poster from the archives.

Had to ride over a few logs across the trail, which would have been a lot tougher on a bone-stock 250SL. Mine now has 16.5" rear shocks and the forks are dropped all the way down in the triple-tree.
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Sounds like a great Resonator article!
Bob
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

bobwhitman wrote:Sounds like a great Resonator article!
Bob
Stay tuned for another rousing Hodaka tale of adventure and derring-do!
Strathbike

Post by Strathbike »

Managed to find enough sort of OK plates out of all my spares to make a set , without having to raid the clutches from my SL or my fresh motor of my partly complete Dog . Hope I end up with e ough clutch to get through the weekend . Just taking the Dog as a spare bike in case my Combat special doesn't make the distance . I did find a plate listed in the EBC catalogue , in the universal section , that seems a good match . I have ordered a set , but they haven't arrived . Has anyone heard of a plate from EBC that works ?