Fuel-Carb Tuning-Another Perspective

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
cineburger

Fuel-Carb Tuning-Another Perspective

Post by cineburger »

As an addendum to my previous Hodaka-nut threads regarding trying to get my little beast running correctly I came across this linked article ( https://www.klemmvintage.com/91oct.htm) which had info that may be familiar to the expert class of readers found here, but for the Bronze-Age hackers like myself it was very informative and I thought worth sharing with you. As to my personal journey thru Hodaka-land the latest report is all positive. My Capt. Eddie inspired break-in regimen has been completed with a few hiccups that have been remedied (in my case I suppose it's never completed as every ride for me is a "test-ride"), and after using a GPS speedo app on my phone to accurately check my speed I got 56 mph on my last test run without really winding the motor out in the extreme; I am accelerating in all 5 gears with the 14t/46t sprocket combo). I will not be seeing 56 very much in the future on this bike but it's nice to know that it can achieve it if necessary. Now onto fine tuning in very small increments. Thanks again for all who contributed to my continuing education.--david
viclioce

Re: Fuel-Carb Tuning-Another Perspective

Post by viclioce »

I read the article, and found it informative enough, that I sent him an email asking if they have done any Hodakas. It will be interesting to see the response.

I did detail to him the 94 Wombat motor I have, the 2 Road Toads, the 2 Aces and the soon to be started Combat Wombat. Advised over bore sizes, and that all bikes have OEM Carbs, with listed sizes for each, and unmolested heads & cylinders with stock exhaust for each model/year.

They didn’t have ANY Hodaka motors listed, but I asked if they have tested any? We’ll see what he says. :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
MTrat

Re: Fuel-Carb Tuning-Another Perspective

Post by MTrat »

Where would the grooved combustion chambers fit into this conversation? Or would they make any difference in the detonation factor?