spoke question

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
cuzncletus

spoke question

Post by cuzncletus »

In trying to lace a Wombat 94 wheel back to an original hub, I found out I had three bent and one broken spoke. I can find spokes for 03's, Super Combats, other Hodakas, but no 94's. Will other spokes work with the 94 wheel and hub?
socalhodaka

Re: spoke question

Post by socalhodaka »

94 and 03 different. Your best is to look at the different on the Hodaka Parts web page and check the part numbers. Call Terry and see what he has or you need to go aftermarket.
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

Most of the earlier bikes with 18" wheels with the cushioned hub (six bolt sprocket) should use the same spokes. That would be the Ace 100 B+, the last of the Chrome tank Super Rats, the Chrome tank Wombats and Combat Wombat and possibly the Super Combat/Orange tank Super Rat. The Super Combat/Orange tank Super Rat I believe had heavier duty spokes, but they might possibly still work. Later bikes had completely different hubs so I'm sure the spokes will be different lengths, etc.
rough rider

Post by rough rider »

The rear spokes are part number 939211A. These are used on the 93 super rat and combat wombat rear wheels. The 97 super combat spokes are different and will not lace up on the old wombat rims.
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

Thanks Richard,

I knew the Super Combat/Super Rat spokes were heavier duty, but I didn't know if they would fit or not.