I need help identifying

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
taber hodaka

I need help identifying

Post by taber hodaka »

I have a F hodaka engine what was it out of?? And also a 100cc aluminum cylinder with steel sleeve, it is stamped W I it has the four bolt intake like a super rat, and a very large exhaust port, the cylinder is about 2 inches longer?? Clarence
bchappy

Re: I need help identifying

Post by bchappy »

Check the "Hodaka Serial Identification" page at: http://www.strictlyhodaka.com/Articles.asp?ID=251

The writing at the bottom of the Identification page says: "Motor letter " F " was the very early Ace100/MX ( Super Rat 93) motors. These were available in 1970 and the motors started with F-2257." Not sure if this was describing replacement engines or not.

I am not sure about the other cylinder you are describing. It is 2" longer than what? A picture would help (use the Full Editor option).
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Bill the al cylinder that I have is for a 100 cc. A ace 90 cylinder is 5 inches long , super rat 5 and 1/2 inches , wombat 6 inches, combat wombat is 6 and 1/2 inches long . The 100 cc aluminum cylinder I have has a steel sleeve and is 7 and 1/4 inches long, marked M I, it has the four bolt intake like a super rat, where the exhaust port meets the exhaust pipe it is 1 and 1/2 inches wide inside diameter ?? Clarence
rtboone

Post by rtboone »

Clarence
Are you measuring the top of the cylinder from front to rear at the widest point? If so, your measurements make sense.
I have a 250 SL and the top of the cylinder from, front to back measures at about 7 1/4 ". If you measure the bore and find it to be 2.76 ", then you have a cylinder for a 250 which would explain the large exhaust port. The 175 bore is 2.52". 125 bore is 2.20". 100 bore is 1.97"

Hope that helps. Please let us know when you measure the bore.

Tom
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Tom the bore is 1.97 it is a 100 cc cylinder I just don't know what to think of it. Clarence
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

is it a Webco sand cast cylinder????

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The "F" series engines with serial numbers listed on my site currently will be amended shortly after the "Hodaka Book" by Ken is released at Hodaka Days.
What we had previously thought and what we currently know are different.
Clarence can you email me some photos and i will post them for you?
Are you sure it is marked "M" and not "W" or "WI" Webco or Webco Industries like Ed said?
You have my interest Clarence. Bring it to Athena in a few weeks lets look at it.
Thanks
Paul
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Paul some times I am turned around but this time I am upside down. The cylinder is stamped "W space I" Thanks Ed and thank you Paul Clarence