The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
paulie59

Post by paulie59 »

Hellow guys and gals.Newbie here first post.Thrilled to say at 59 i got my first Hodaka! She is a real beuty,a 68 Ace 100 as original as can be.Amazingly every thing works,all lights, horn,speedo,odometer.Everything but the speedo high beam indicator light and speedo light.So far i have peeked in the headlight shell and found the brown wire to the speedo bulb with male end not hooked up to anything and a yellow wire with male end that comes in from the left side hole of the headlight bucket [looking from front of headlight bucket] that comes in to the bucket along with a blue,blackand brown wire not hooked up either but there is nothing for them to plug in too as all other wires are connected.The front speedo bulb is atached with a blue and red wire.At any rate i am trying to find a wiring diagram too see whats up.Wondering if any members might have a photo are know how these bulbs hook up?Glad to be a new member and hope to learn some things and maybe even meet some fellow owners/members from Texas are even Houston maybe! Cheers to all glad to be a new member!
rlkarren

Re: New Member

Post by rlkarren »

Sounds like you are missing the horn and hi/lo beam switch. or at least the wires are not there.

The Horn/Hi/Lo beam switch sits on the left side of the handlebars and connects inside the headlight bucket to the same color wires you indicated. You can find wire diagrams here: https://www.strictlyhodaka.com/Articles ... =252#link5

However, there were two different diagrams for the Ace 100. The earlier Ace 100's used the Ace 90 diagram and the later models used the Ace 100 Diagram shown in the link above. How do you tell which one you have? simple... The absence of a toggle switch on the left underside of the headlight bucket means you have the earlier model and should use the Ace 90 Wire Diagram for reference.

Roger
paulie59

Re: New Member

Post by paulie59 »

Hi Roger and thanks so much for your help! No sir i have the horn and hi lo switch and it's mounted on the left side of handle bar and funtions fine.Both horn and hi lo work fine on the switch.The hi low indicator bulb socket has a dark blue wire coming from the swiitch as well as a dark blue wire coming out of the left side headlight bucket hole tied in with the other dark blue wire and both dark blue wires spliced together are atached to the indicator bulb socket along with a red wire.So another wrds there are two dark blue wires and a red wire atached to the indicator socket. The speedometer light has a brown wire atached to the back speedo socket but the end is not atached to anything just the male end dangling un atached to anyting as well as a yellow wire with male end atached to nothing.It comes from a group of wires coming in the left side bucket hole. wonderng what these two brown and yellow wires are suposed to be atached two as they both have male ends yet theres no place for them to atach to.All other wires are atached.Confusing im sure with out seeing it.At any rate i will study the wiring diagram and see if they bipassed somethig at some point.Mine does not have a headlight switch on the bucket. thanks a million.