Parts compatibility regarding model 94

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
24WilPor

Parts compatibility regarding model 94

Post by 24WilPor »

Hey, I've had my wombat for about 5 years now, tinkered around, and now I'm getting serious into getting it street legal. I bought the bike without the tail light assembly and am wondering if the ace 100 tail light assembly is usable on the model 94. I know they aren't the exact same part, but am just wondering if the wiring setup and the mounting holes on the license plate bracket are able to be used on my bike, as I cannot find any model 94 tail lights online.
rlkarren

Re: Parts compatibility regarding model 94

Post by rlkarren »

Exact same part with one minor difference in that the wires go through the back rather than from the bottom through the fender. Just drill a hole in the back of the taillight mount and few will know the difference.

If you need a photo, I can get one.

Roger
Dale

Re: Parts compatibility regarding model 94

Post by Dale »

I just compared a 92 Ace 100 to a 94 Wombat. What Roger said plus the 94 had an extra piece that 2 red reflectors mount to. The Ace 100's did not have these 2 reflectors. Other than those things, the Ace 100 assemble will mount right up on a 94 Wombat. Be aware that the 94A Wombat went to the larger tail light assembly that is a 4 bolt mount. The Ace 100's and 94 Wombat only use 2 bolts and they measure about 30mm on center.
Dale