Re: STOLEN BIKE(S) - UPDATED - The HODAKA comes HOME!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
JackM

Re: Re: STOLEN BIKE(S) - UPDATED - The HODAKA comes HOME!

Post by JackM »

Glad you found it Gary. Its disheartening to know there are thieves out there that will take anything if its literally not tied down. My son had a nice Husky stolen a few years ago and it was never recovered. The problem is, when they are finally caught, they're given a slap on the wrist and sent on their merry way. At least that's how it is in my neck of the woods.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

JackM, since Gary happens to be Sitting judge in Washington, State, I don,t this gang is going to get a slap on the Hand, I think they will throw the book at them. Yes its exciting to see one of our owns stolen machines has been retrieved, but like I said before lets all take a lesson from this.
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

The lesson learned? Lots of pictures. Record serials. Maybe add an engraving in an unusual place no one will expect in case the originals get filed off. If you post up phone pics, turn off location sharing so evil folks can’t pull your photo GPS coordinates. Keep them in locked storage. Cable them together in the locked storage.

These guys walked away from a nice, running MX360 because this one looked more valuable. They actually thought this particular bike was worth over $5,000. Hell - I would have been happy to sell it to them for that!
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape . . ."
Joe Ormonde

Post by Joe Ormonde »

And those useless scumbags will go to Jail, get out and do it again! Fences and locks only keep out decent people. Seriously, all that can be done is to make it as difficult as possible for them to steal something that they just give up. Jail doesn`t cure them. Getting caught and winding up in the Hospital ? Nothing works on a thief. Sure, if they steal from you and truly believe that their worthless life will end if they ever mess with you again, then, yes. But that`s only you! Everyone else on Planet Earth is fair game. Sad. Joe Ormonde.
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

Another brief update:

One of the culprits plead guilty last week. I attended the sentencing. Young fella - 19 - with one juvenile prior conviction- he Got 8 mints in the county hoosegow.

I’ll let you know when the other fellow gets dealt with.

Actually fairly significant sentence for this state under these circumstances.

Just glad to have the Ace back home!
Joe Ormonde

Post by Joe Ormonde »

Questions? Was the person that posted your Hodaka for sale part of the theft or just someone that got caught up in this mess? If he was one of the thieves, do you know just how stupid he is? Only time will tell. Joe Ormonde.
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

I highly suspect he is at least “close” with the thieves. There are several others who may still be charged, but their cases are not so clear, and their potential charges are far less serious.

He is definitely on their radar moving forward!