Hodaka on the TVRC Home Page

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Pep

Hodaka on the TVRC Home Page

Post by Pep »

The Texas Vintage Racing Club is a great bunch of folks that put on a bunch of vintage races throughout the year. Truly excellent community of great people.
As proof of what a good group this is, they used a Hodaka for the next race flyer:
http://tvrc.org
Clearly, they don't discriminate against mighty little bikes (or slow riders).
Sorry I had the chrome off for that race, but it's definitely a flying Hodaka!
Laurie
BrianZ

Re: Hodaka on the TVRC Home Page

Post by BrianZ »

Lookin' good Laurie!

Brian
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

Looking good Laurie.
Attachments
Waco.jpg
Dale

Post by Dale »

Very cool! Nice work Laurie.
Dale
Dale
Pep

Post by Pep »

Kelly, thanks for posting the photo - I should have done that instead of the link.
Here's the bike today - prepped for the Cross Country at Diamond Don's (and looking fairly...Wombatish)
Laurie
Attachments
IMG_4012.JPG
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Laurie:

Have you discovered that a garden variety bottle of water will jam down between the bars of the luggage rack . . . so it is easy to have water with you? Extensive testing has shown that: A) you can have a bit of fun with the "go fast" riders on the MX start line on a hot day when you reach back to your luggage rack, grab the water and take a long, slow, satisfying drink - then tuck the bottle back in place for "battle", B) it is best to drink about half the water prior to the start or the gnarliest bumpies on the track may jar the bottle out and C) corner workers seem to enjoy chatting with the rider who lost his water bottle in their section of the track. I think you can guess how I know these things. ;)

Ed
PS: Good lookin' cross country bike!
Keep the rubber side down!
Pep

Post by Pep »

Ed, I HAVE been one of those riders on a hot day, watching YOU enjoy a cool drink on the line...
I will definitely carry some water in your honor, heck, there's room enough to carry a variety of things - I like the idea of a mental game against those other riders - let me know if you have any other suggested items...
-Laurie
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

Pep wrote:Kelly, thanks for posting the photo - I should have done that instead of the link.
Here's the bike today - prepped for the Cross Country at Diamond Don's (and looking fairly...Wombatish)
Laurie
Laurie, you will be in for the biggest treat of you MX life. I will ask if you can video this event. The Marty Tripes 100 class will be the most unbelievable race. I have been on the track and see monthly at our CALVMX races, Scott Burnworth, DR.D" Doug Dubuch ", Jim Gibson. These are all ex factory riders and I know there is more from the East. Please shoot some video for us to see that cant' make it. I know Marty is trying to get a film crew there but that cost $$$$ Also don't pass up the chance to say hi the Marty Tripes, he is the coolest guy.
Pep

Post by Pep »

Will do Kelly. Or sure try to do it. We are all in a bunch of classes that day, so hopefully there won't be too much fixing between races. I'll try to video the start and some cool sections. Will post it here.
Last year I think Guy Cooper won - absolutely mind blowing watching those fellas scream around the track. I think our jaws were on the ground for most of the race. There's a tradition of filling a giant pitcher of beer and everyone chugging on it - the goal is to get it finished off before the last lap gets by. I'm not sure what the point of it is, but it gets pretty festive (and only done on the second moto)
Anyway, yes, Marty is a riot. Can't wait to get there!
Laurie