Hodaka pewter mug

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

Hodaka pewter mug

Post by thrownchain »

I've got one of these mugs and was wundering if anyone has tried to "refresh" or restore one? Mine is showing some age and light corrosion and I'd like to get it stabilized if possible.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Re: Hodaka pewter mug

Post by Bullfrog »

There are lots of online tips for caring for pewter kitchen items and table ware. That's the best tip I've got. My 500cc Hodaka single is still looking great!

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Yes, If you don't know how to do something just look online. I remember Al Gore Jr. years ago used to say the internet was the information super highway, he was very correct. I used to hire people to help me with construction and concrete work. I got tired of paying them an arm and a leg for terrible work, so I just educated myself on how to do it myself. I am now an excellent concrete finisher, roofer, framer, etc.. Gives me exercise and I save a fortune. Yes, I have saved a fortune this past year. All the work I have done at our place myself, yeah man.
When I restored my Honda CR 125 I wanted to find out how to repolish the plastic fenders. On the internet there was plenty of videos showing how to do that, It was a great help. The main thing is that you do not use any compound to polish plastic. You do it dry.
Last edited by efkruger on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackM

Post by JackM »

001.JPG
I've used Meguiar's Ultra Cut 105 with pretty good results on plastic tanks, but that was after wet sanding with various grits and then polishing and finishing up with dry buffing. Must be careful not to let it get too hot as it will melt the plastic. Its fairly labor-intensive, but I've had decent results with the several Honda tanks I've done. I tried to find some close-up pics but I must have gotten rid of them (old age) so here's one of my '85 xr not so close up.
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Nice bike Jack! I have a Honda CRF 150R, its a 2014 model. Unbelievable performance for only a 150cc