Reed Valve vs Piston Port Ace 100b+

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Hydraulic Jack

Re: Reed Valve vs Piston Port Ace 100b+

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

X 2 on the K&N. Do not use without a foam prefilter. But if the question is whether such filters will fit your bike, the answer is yes. I would use a UNI foam filter.
Hydraulic Jack
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Rich that is very reasonable!----Clarence
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Thanks Clarence , I even do better then the out dated reed carefully instructions , Harry even said it was outdated , the old way worked but have since been improved upon.

Rich
JackM

Post by JackM »

The new piston measures 50.50mm and fits snugly in the cylinder with about .005 clearance. Speaking of clearance, Clarence, there are a couple of pics of the old cylinder in one of the earlier posts. Someone did a sloppy job of enlarging the ports in my opinion. Jack, you threw me off when you mentioned in your first post on this topic that the new piston would not work in a standard Ace 100b cylinder. That got me confused, but then that's not hard to do. I used a Uni filter on an old Z50 that I fixed up for the grandkids, and it works fine, so should do OK here too. Rich, I'll keep you in mind. Thanks, jackM
Hydraulic Jack

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

Without reading everything I wrote, I think what I said was the modified piston would not work in a piston port engine (which is what a "standard" 100B is). But it will work fine in a reed valve induction engine, since that is what it was made to do. Once you decide which way to go, piston port or reed induction, things will become clearer.
Hydraulic Jack