clutch interchange

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
bronco70

clutch interchange

Post by bronco70 »

are ace 100b clutch disk same as my 95 combat ? just wanting to know incase i need to swap clutch
my clutch seems fine taking off but somtimes if i getting down on hard seems to do a jeck grab going into 2nd its hard to explain
its not like its slipping when i change into second it is more of its pulling then it realy grabs starnge i only notice going into 2nd
taber hodaka

Re: clutch interchange

Post by taber hodaka »

?? I think it could be a minor shift thing as not totally in second and then kinda grabbing in. -----Clarence
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

I agree, sounds like either shifter wear or shifter adjustment is causing a shifting problem into second gear. Do you have a Workshop Manual? If so, procedures are described to address the problem.
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Hydraulic Jack

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

bronco70 wrote:are ace 100b clutch disk same as my 95 combat ?
In a word, yes.
Hydraulic Jack
bronco70

Post by bronco70 »

you guys are right clutch is fine and it only does this in 2nd gear 2 times out of 10 after i adjust shift linkage best i could
if i adjust where it never does this in 2nd then it does it at 3rd or 4th .there was a lot of play on the shift linkage
that moves lever in and out i added another shim but it looks like it could use about 2 more im not sure that has any effect
on gear change but it seemed to help some