Fork braces

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Bill2001

Fork braces

Post by Bill2001 »

Back in the Ace days the fork mod was upgraded (ceriani) forks and a fork brace at the top of the sliders. Is this still a good addition on the Wombat 94 forks?

Clearance with the high-mounted fender?
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Hydraulic Jack

Re: Fork braces

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

Depends on how and where you ride. I never used one, and never had problems with the Ace forks. I don't like that the brace hugs the tire,which is why most of us opted for a high fender, preferably a Preston Petty. The low fender on the Ace and 100B tended to pack with mud. A brace can as well. Perhaps if you have trouble with the tubes twisting in the clamps, the brace makes sense.
Last edited by Hydraulic Jack on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hydraulic Jack
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

I have one of Paul's from Strictly Hodaka on my M95 Combat Wombat (PN 908750FB). What I'd really like is for someone to cough up a pair of 03 forks, but that ain't happening. Soooo, it does stabilize the front end effectively. Just one thing to consider - while there is clearance for the 21" wheel, its not a lot (an inch or so). Not an issue for MX and well-maintained trails, but on a woods weapon, there is a possibility of locking the front wheel if you manage to wedge a stick in the space between the top of the tire and the fork brace. That has never happened to me but I have pulled out a few sticks/roots, and lots on mud, etc.
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

I added a billet upper tripple tree to my BMW several years ago. Surprised me-- it made a subtle (but substantial) to the handling. Not earthshattering, but a confidence builder.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill