Ball Burnishing

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
efkruger

Ball Burnishing

Post by efkruger »

Can somebody recommend a place that does ball burnishing that makes side cases look so nice? I would like to send some cases and hubs to get "burnished". At Hodaka days this past summer I saw some cases that had been ball burnished and they really looked great. I have about 5 Hodakas I am restoring and I would like to get this done for some.

I might just try and find a vibratory tumbler and do it myself. I have a small tumbler that I use to clean small parts prior to having them zinc plated but it is just not quite big enough for engine cases and or hubs.
Maybe I can find a used one on ebay or maybe Harbor freight has something I could use.
socalhodaka

Re: Ball Burnishing

Post by socalhodaka »

DSCN5865.JPG
Here is the place California Hodaka and pretty sure Lee Fabry uses. Here is the cases from the Steen project I did with the help of California Hodaka. The case were stripped of all bearings, cleaned and bead blasted. Then Greg puts screws in all the holes. I know now that they live in Arizona they ship there parts to the place.
You can probably contact Greg and Diane if you have questions. PM me if you want the number. http://www.manufacturersserviceinc.com/sitemap.html
Zeek

Post by Zeek »

Yes, screws and plugs in everything you can.
Those beads get in all kinds of places.
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it" :D
Little Squirt owner
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Wonderful! Thanks for the info on where to get ball burnishing done. That really is a nice way to put a nice refinish on cases
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Just bringing this to the top after a search for this. This looks to be the way to go on a rebuild! Maxie