Boise VMX races (2016)

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Dale

Boise VMX races (2016)

Post by Dale »

Sharing pictures from this years Boise, ID Inter-AM Vintage races. It was a great weekend meeting people (some MX legends) and seeing friends. Rooted for Jay Lael on his Brumby build. It is one impressive bike for sure.

The first picture is of this years version of two +50 Vintage Amateurs chasing each other. #58 is Dave Koontz on his Super Combat and myself on the Combat Wombat. What fun!
Dale
Photo by Jeff Brown
Photo by Jeff Brown
Photo by Bruce Young (Representing Preston Petty Products)
Photo by Bruce Young (Representing Preston Petty Products)
Last edited by Dale on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale
hodakamax

Re: Boise VMX races (2016)

Post by hodakamax »

Cool for sure Dale! Thanks for the post. :)

Max
lonedave

Post by lonedave »

Hey Dale, nice plate for the wall...congrats! I sure wish my engine would have lasted more than two laps, but what a fantastic weekend for watching some great races with some great people! We'll be back next year for sure.
Dave
Dale

Post by Dale »

Thanks Dave! It was a fantastic weekend. I already have April 1-2, 2017 on my calendar. See you there.
Dale

P.S. Sorry that your bike picked this weekend to go south. If you need any tools or assistance tearing it down, I would be glad to assist.
Dale
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Dave it was sad to see your beautiful bike, with all you preparation done, strapped to the back of your car so early, I am glad you where able to have a good time and not just run home with tail between you legs, that showed you have a lot of good left in your heart. Hope we will see you at Hodaka Days, I, and in other MX,s here in the Northwest, Bruce Young Hodakaparts.com Idaho.
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
JayLael

Post by JayLael »

Well done flying the Hodaka flag Dale! Your bikes are so cool!
Dale

Post by Dale »

That is really nice of you to say Jay. Thank you. While they are built with totally different intentions compared to your race machines, I do enjoy them to my full ability. I was especially pleased with how many people stopped to talk Hodaka when they would spot them in my pit area. Weird, it turns out that many had one themselves back in the day. Such a fun weekend.
Dale
Dale