good trade bad trade??

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
taber hodaka

good trade bad trade??

Post by taber hodaka »

DSCN0749.JPG
A few years ago at hodaka days Athena, there were two old hodakas in the back of a pickup truck by the body shop. Can I look I asked ? Yes and I did, one ace 90 is engine 37 and frame 82. I needed them very badly. Kevin the owner (a local) said he wanted to trade them for a runner. Well I left Athena without the hodaka but stayed in touch with Kevin. I sent him pictures of a running ace 100 17 inch tires. Well Kevin would like one a little bigger but I could not get him to commit. I told him I would completely rebuild one for him engine and all he still would not commit. Well I finally asked him what color he liked and he said red. Now I know I have finally made a deal. Here is the treasure I received. And later I will show what I put together for Kevin. Tires do not roll engine froze
my treasure
my treasure
DSCN0749.JPG
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Re: good trade bad trade??

Post by Bullfrog »

Clarence, if you like the deal . . . I like the deal.

And I'm not being flippant about that. Those are pretty early numbers. And if those early numbers make you grin,
well then, the whole deal makes me grin too.

Have a good day, OK?
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Clarence, looking trim and fit as usual, must be the good living, HA HA I to did a deal on an old eng and frame, but mine was a little unusual, the frame is green, it does not look like it was repainted, ???, but it,s an ACE 90 with early eng; # A-oo72 and frame P--0089, This an early unit, with rounded head and small barrel, and the handle bar clamp with Hodaka indented into clamp, not molded outward. The top triple clamp has the old square hole under that handle bar clamp. I will send Pictures soon. Fitness what is you secret !!! your friend Bruce Young, PS I have a customer whom has even earlier frame and eng ACE 90 we all should talk, I know Paul has an early one as well. There must be more out there with numbers under 100 those would be good to use, to see how modification where applied. Good reference points. Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

Pretty old and crusty looking, but it least it's all complete.

The bike on the other hand is missing some bits, but I think it's in good hands now (A little bit of ribbing from north of the border ;)).

It should be a good project for you Clarence. Keep us posted.

Brian
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Brian, Bike and Owner, crusty is an understatement, but when finished this bike will be one to behold. HA HA Bruce Young
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho