175 SL rims

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
michael_perrett

175 SL rims

Post by michael_perrett »

Were the 175's manufactured with both steel and aluminum rims? I have a rear wheel with a satin finished aluminum rim, but also have ones with steel rims.
More meditation......
Mike Perrett
admin
Site Admin

Re: 175 SL rims

Post by admin »

Mike they were manufactured with chromed steel rims only.
Thanks
Paul
michael_perrett

I made a Boo Boo. I believe what I have is a 98 rear rim. That is what I get when I do not tag items. I have found out that no matter how much meditation I do in the Center, I almost always never figure out what it came off of without a tag. Oh Well, off to blow some snow in the direction of Vermont with the Gravely.
ECHJYA pension fund manager
Mike Perrett
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes "satin" finished aluminum rims are what was stock on the model (98) Super Rat Michael. Be careful of what incense you are using at the meditation center. Either your using a strong incense and the winds are blowing my way or my neighbors have harvested their crop.
You have the rod bearing and gaskets coming tomorrow ohhhh great one.
See you in York soon.
Thanks
Paul
michael_perrett

According to the radar weather map, the snow discharged from the Gravley snow blower is about to enter Vermont. Should be about 2 to 3 inches.
Oh, by the way, the incense in the Center is actually Blenzall castor oil in a smudge pot.
ECHJYA pension fund manager
Mike Perrett
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see :-)
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

I have heard of blenzall before but now what the heck is a gravely and does it fit the hodaka. Clarence
michael_perrett

Clarence, The Gravely is a walk behind instrument of death. You can install a snow blower, rotary mower, sickle bar mower, rotary plow etc. on it. Engine has about a 4' stroke, about a 3"bore. Weights about 40 tons, you don't have to go to the YMCA for a work out after running one. Backing up my driveway one winter, I slipped and it tried to run over me. I call it the "man eater". Other than that, it is a fine machine.
ECHYJA pension fund manager
Mike Perrett