Jodys Testing Life

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
pungo

Jodys Testing Life

Post by pungo »

Former Hodaka rider and long time tester.

Great article!!

http://motocrossactionmag.com/more-stuf ... test-pilot
viclioce

Re: Jodys Testing Life

Post by viclioce »

Very Very good! I enjoyed reading it. I surmised he's a few years older than me but not very many. I will be 60 the end of August.

We did a lot of "test riding" when I was younger. "Here, ride my bike and tell me what you think is wrong with it while I ride yours," was a common statement made by me and my friends in my high school days. We had a "track" of sorts. In fact we had several. One was around the football field of the local elementary school. Another was the woods between our houses. And the best one was a blast down the paved road I lived on to the east end about 2 miles away. Then into the woods for 15 miles one way with a return back 4 miles on a dirt county road. Five laps was a 110 mile ride. It included trees which were way too close together, a small creek with a home made log and plywood bridge and the last half mile coming out of the woods was a farmer's field access road with deep tractor tire ruts which led past his house and onto the dirt road for the return leg. Man, I miss those days and would have loved to have a Super Wombat or a Super Rat to ride those "tracks" with!

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90