Model 94 carburetor

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Dunn111987

Model 94 carburetor

Post by Dunn111987 »

Hello,

I seem to be having a slight issue with my wombat carburetor. The brass inlet fitting piece that goes in the carb that the fuel line slips over keeps popping up and loose. I’ve tried tapping it in to tighten it with no success. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this issue? And would this make the bike not run right if that is loose and leaking fuel?

Thank you
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Re: Model 94 carburetor

Post by Bullfrog »

An experienced craftsman could probably restore that fitting to proper operation, but I hesitate to offer repair tips to a "first timer" (it sounds like that description may be appropriate in this case?). While the odds of serious negative effects from a failed repair are small . . . the odds are not zero. And a fuel system failure in operation COULD BE catastrophic. So I'd recommend finding an old timer who is accomplished in restorations to do the work -- or just purchase a replacement carburetor. But don't throw the old one away. With full disclosure it would have some trading value
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
dirty_rat

Re: Model 94 carburetor

Post by dirty_rat »

A couple of questions.
Was the bike running well before and this just recently occurred? (Or has the bike always not run right)
Is the VIN on your Wombat before C-01701 or after?

As a caution, I wouldn't run it at all if it was leaking fuel.