Shot in the head and left for dead in Montana --- A true story

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
taber hodaka

Shot in the head and left for dead in Montana --- A true story

Post by taber hodaka »

I spent some time at the Hodaka factory in Japan and was part of the assembly line. Then I shipped out and went to PABATCO in Athena, Oregon. Shortly thereafter, I transferred to Gary Olsen in Idaho Falls, Idaho. And then I went up to Kalispell, Montana and spent some time with Taber Hodaka. More to follow ----------------- Clarence
givergas

Re: Shot in the head and left for dead in Montana --- A true story

Post by givergas »

Clarence....please you have to write a short essay on the HODAKA factory assembly line, like where ,when ,how long ,what parts did you work with ,were you left on your own , heck where did you stay ,what was for lunch , dinner ,did you like the saki . come on inquiring minds want to know ....albert
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Albert, I THINK (<---- that is a BIG "I think") that Clarence is giving us some clues in the next Trivia Question. My memory cells are revving at full throttle . . . but only smoke is coming out right now.
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
MTrat

Post by MTrat »

I'm thinkin' it's about his super hot Ace 90. I'm looking forward to more!
givergas

Post by givergas »

well ED i think your right..... im home schooling my grandson and what i did right there is not reading comprehension
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

The first Ace 90 in Montana??
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

As a reminder this story is true, to the best of my recollection. And remember, all pictures will be shown. At Taber's, the motorcycles were in the same row every day and things didn't change much. One day I was offered a chance to stay with a family that lived on the west side of Swan lake down by Bigfork. I was involved with allot of their fun outings and was kinda adopted into the family. As the years went by and things changed, I was staying in a area out in the big garage. Some snap ass, and I don't know who, entered and shot me in the head, both sides and where the sunlight shines. I was totally disabled, I wasn't of any use to anybody, just useless. ------ Clarence
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

True story, pictures will be included at the end. Having not shown any improvement for a long while, the lady of the house was concerned. One day she saw Clarence Taber in Kalispell, Montana, and she described my condition to him. Clarence came to Swan Lake, picked me up and took me to his home in Columbia Falls, MT. For a long time there was no improvement or positive change. Then Clarence started working with me. He moved me into his house and spent a considerable amount of time with me. He moved me here and there and I started showing improvement. I enjoyed Christmas and the holidays, I got my color back and fit rite in. Clarence told me that if I was recovered by summer he would take me back to Athena for Hodaka Days. Not every day, but by every week, there was improvement. -------------- Clarence
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

This story is as true as true can be. Pictures will cover this true story at the next posting and you will see pictures of me fully recovered. I tried to get back to normal as I could. I wanted to go back to Athena for Hodaka days and stay in the area, I love the smell of honey bees. The trip to Athena seemed like it took all day but it was great to be back in Athena again. Clarence connected me up with Kevin Teeman for a place to stay and I am still in the area. I see some of you around town once in awhile and I am glad for the respect you have shown me. And Albert you asked about food at the factory. The one thing I think I remember is the factory workers all eating out of a big bowl passing it around in a circle eating it like dip with rice cracker's. It reminded me of guacamole but they called it Kawa and they drank Saki with it , we called it Kawasaki time. I know i have been mentioned on facebook and when you see my pictures you might recognize me. Next time pictures. -- Clarence