Maybe Project "Maybe"

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Maybe Project "Maybe"

Post by hodakamax »

What to do with leftovers? All started with a five (kinda) Hodaka barn find. Three fixable. Two grim or partial. 94 Wombat frame I keep moving around. Finally indoors. Not enough for one more restoration. Even used the swing arm. "Maybe" I should use it to inventory parts for another project way out on the horizon. Fix as you go. Might have a complete engine, maybe, if I dig around in the Hodaka shed. This tank would work, not chrome, could be paint, maybe. Some odds and ends have been added. Rear brake linkage ready to go. Serious items missing like forks and wheels although I do see a front wheel hiding in the shed. Whoa! Seat pan, repairable. Long term but maybe. Better finish several projects before stating another, maybe. Maxie 8-)
Attachments
Could be.
Could be.
matt glascock

Re: Maybe Project "Maybe"

Post by matt glascock »

Decisions, decisions. :)
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Better report in on the Maybe project. Maybe this will work after all. Not full time but pieces and parts coming together. Blast and paint gets you started and keeps your attention. Rebuilt forks and some wheels that did actually clean up, kinda. Not perfect but hard to tell from here! Tires help with enthusiasm. Letting this chassis try on these replacement shocks from Hodaka-Parts.com. Nice. Rounded up most engine parts and shuffling them around on the bench. Most of this came from the "Probably not going to reused again pile". Major re-cycling (so to speak) going on here. Typical seat pan repair and paint today. Kinda cool, Wombat frame painted red with Ace 100 engine. Advantage; longer, more rear tire clearance and doesn't require tall bars.. Who would Know? 8-) Maxie
Attachments
DSC_0325 2.JPG
DSCN0141.JPG
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Maybe project coming back to life. Tank way too rough for a chrome future but sound again enough for its mission of supplying fuel and without dents. Filled the badge holes to send me on a different approach to custom tanks. It will probably still say "Hodaka" I'll bet. Engine pieces on the bench and should be a nice one. Starting to look a bit more serious as the project moves along. Might save this one yet! Maxie
Attachments
DSC_0399.JPG
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

I like the way you include a partial motor just for the sake of filling the space a bit. She’s starting to look a little more like a bike! Did I see you adding red paint to the tank as well over on FB? :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

viclioce wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:52 am I like the way you include a partial motor just for the sake of filling the space a bit. She’s starting to look a little more like a bike! Did I see you adding red paint to the tank as well over on FB? :ugeek: Victor
Thanks Victor! That crankcase is to remind me to chase down some missing parts! Some paint flying as you mentioned. These things always start as a way to use up old parts but quickly get out of control! Every time actually.
The Chat group seems slow and needs some excitement, trying on this end. Do I need to set something on fire? Maybe I should get one of many projects fired up. Winter again, my excuse. Worse hobbies I suppose, golf comes to mind I always tell my golfing friends for harassment, ha ha. Carry on! Maxie 8-)
Attachments
DSC_0052 3.JPG
DSC_0060.JPG
Dale

Post by Dale »

Another very good looking build coming together Max! Quiet time on the Forum for sure! Life gets busy with things other than Hodaka here. Unfortunately...
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Dale
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Not priority project but hard to leave alone. Part searching, always a subject in Hodaka brained people. Most of this has been thrown away and recovered. Extra stuff, like a puzzle with pieces missing. Front brake plate was actually a rear one I finally figure out, no cable boss. Done that, here we are today. Even this pipe was built from junk. Old 93 Rat pipe with rusted off header pipe, mouse included. Muffler w/spark arrestor if needed added. Just checkin' in. Maxie 8-)
Attachments
Getting there but a ways to go.
Getting there but a ways to go.