Down pipes for ACE's?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
AndyL

Down pipes for ACE's?

Post by AndyL »

Anyone have one or know of a pipe maker that does down pipes for the ACE"s?

I need a couple of down pipes for TT bikes and have been messing with making up one of my own out of various pipes. I have tried TM100/125 pipes and up ACE/Wombat pipes as donors and it isnt all that easy.

Bent some 1-1/2" pipe up to start and mocked up a TM100 pipe, but neither is close.

Sure would be easier to just find one or two that would work.

Thanks,
Andy #14u
MOVMX, AHRMA, & AMA
rdbrooks14

Re: Down pipes for ACE's?

Post by rdbrooks14 »

Andy,

Like this?

I just screwed this one into a Rat Cylinder and it does fit

I have another one or two laying around somewhere.

Bob in MD

With that said, anyone know what this pipe is? Bigger diameter at head than 100 and is an up pipe but odd angle.. Not a Combat Wombat.

Bob in MD
39F
rdbrooks14

Post by rdbrooks14 »

Not sure why these pictures do not scale. If you click on them individually, it should take you to the photo.

Bob in MD
Bob in MD
39F
AndyL

Post by AndyL »

Thats what I am looking for Bob!

You clearing some stuff out or just trying to make me drool?

The second pipe looks like an Torque Engineering pipe with a different guard installed. TE used the wire guards and maybe a PO put a punched or expanded metal guard on it from a Toad, Squirt or some thing.
Andy #14u
MOVMX, AHRMA, & AMA
rtboone

Post by rtboone »

You could contact "Circle F Exhaust". They built the down pipe that I have on my latest MX project. Excellent fit and top notch welds.

I also had a "Bassani down pipe on my Ace that worked really well, but I doubt that they are available unless you can find a used one.

Hope that helps

Tom
Attachments
IMAG0914.jpg
IMAG0180 - Copy.jpg
AndyL

Post by AndyL »

Tom,
That is almost what I am looking for.

I need a down pipe for an ACE frame, not the 97/98/late RT frames. Your blue bike looks like a 97/98/late RT frame. I have a down pipe for one of those frames but really dont want to cut it up to fit the ACE frame.

The red bike looks like an ACE frame with the Bassanni pipe. A Bassanni for an ACE frame would work, but like you figured, they are hard to find.

I have a few beat pipes; a down Bassanni for a TM, a Torque Engineering pipe for a Penton (high pipe), and some other aftermarket high pipe for a Yam, but they are all too far rusted out to save or piece together.

I will call Kevin at Circle F and see if he has a pattern for a down pipe on an ACE frame.
Andy #14u
MOVMX, AHRMA, & AMA
hodakaronwa

Post by hodakaronwa »

Circle-F is a good source but they make the coupling at the cylinder head same as the model 98 super rat. We have converted them.
In the old Hodaka Bulletins there was a plan for a down pipe for TT.
In the old days we would just take the completed bike to a local fellow and he would fabricate the pipes from scratch while you waited. Took him about 2 hours out the door. They were the best down in S. Cal during the hay days of TT and 1/2 mile 100cc bikes. I do remember the stinger was about 7 inches long and a bit smaller than a 1/2 conduit, I have a similar stinger on my "Super Squirt" and it has done quite well in AHRMA competition.
AndyL

Post by AndyL »

I did speak to Kevin at Circle F and he does make both a down pipe and up pipe for the chrome tank Rat.

Both are slip fit to the cylinder head. He sent me pic's of both versions.
Andy #14u
MOVMX, AHRMA, & AMA
hodakaronwa

Post by hodakaronwa »

GOOD NEWS about Circle-F I have purchased several of their pipes and they do nice clean work.
Pep

Post by Pep »

I second that Ron - Kevin is awesome - does great work, very pleasant to deal with, and his pipes rrrrrip!