You Know You're Having A Bad Day When . . .

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Larry S

You Know You're Having A Bad Day When . . .

Post by Larry S »

I was replacing the rear wheel bearings on my Ace 100. The rear wheel was off and the bike was sitting on a milk crate. I wasn't paying attention and accidentally bumped it. The bike fell off the crate, landing on the left side, breaking the clutch lever. I attempted to put the Ace back on the crate - but without a rear wheel it was difficult. I lost my balance and fell. The bike landed on the right side breaking the brake lever. In less than two minutes, I broke both levers. I finally got it back on the crate and called it a day. Went back into the house and poured myself a brandy.

Larry S
MTrat

Re: You Know You're Having A Bad Day When . . .

Post by MTrat »

If you didn't dent the tank you 'done good'.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Larry, that is called a "two-fer". I will bet that has happened to lots of motorcycle riders in the day. Most will say it was a riding accident, but you told the truth like your mother said you should. Good Story, sorry it happened. Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

I almost panicked when the story went on to describe putting the bike up on the crate with difficulty. I was worried that another crash was coming with an ankle trapped under the bike! Whew! I'm so glad it was only another lever . . . and a brandy seems quite appropriate!
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!