Spoke sets

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Dennis D

Spoke sets

Post by Dennis D »

Has anyone used the spoke sets that are advertised on ebay and come from Singapore? Wonder if the hub ends have the correct bends in them. Deeper I get into this Wombat the more I find wrong Never ends does it :x D
thrownchain

Re: Spoke sets

Post by thrownchain »

Scott Hatch has spokes.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I have two sets of spikes. I’m not home right now but I will measure them and get back to you in a bit
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

As to your original question, spend your money in the US, that way if there is an issue you have a way to correct it , you buy from China what option do you have to correct it if it’s wrong ?
Antique 1

Post by Antique 1 »

You should never buy anything from China. Period.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Are we aware that Singapore is not China???

I don't have the answer to the original question but I do know that it was recently discussed on the Facebook Hodaka Fan Group so I know that some folks have experience with them.
Dale
Dennis D

Post by Dennis D »

Thanks for the responses. I do tend to buy American when I can. Don't want to get political on the board, I have been in contact with Scott and a friend that said he might have a complete wheel. D
Vintagenut

Post by Vintagenut »

I recently laced a front and rear wheel with these spokes. They worked ok. Not original but not bad. The plating is good. I would buy them again. Hope this helps
Joe Ormonde

Post by Joe Ormonde »

Buchanan`s Spoke And Rim in Azusa CA. Call them and they will get you anything you need. Strictly Hodaka was selling them. I need some and that`s who I`m getting them from.Joe Ormonde.
gregg_floren

Post by gregg_floren »

I would also mention they are really good folks and a long time sponsor of Hodaka Days.

Gregg