Alsport/Steen Forks and Shocks - parts wanted

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
KCHodaka

Alsport/Steen Forks and Shocks - parts wanted

Post by KCHodaka »

I have one that I'm restoring (or attempting to) - I read where these are in essence a Hodaka Ace 100 - engine/frame etc, different tanks, fenders, exhaust along with suspension. Ceriani front forks - which leads me to my next question - where in the world can I find a rebuild for these, springs, seals etc.

Also, regarding the rear shocks, are they the same at the Hodaka stock - or something otherwise - I've read a few posts here and there with mixed information - some seem to sound like another aftermarket item back in the day - some said they're the same as factory Hodaka's.

Is there anyone out there that has a good knowledge base of these Alsport/Steen bikes - what are the REAL differences between the Model 92 Ace 100 - and these add ons? My goal is really take this back to 'as was', and as a nice clean rider, but not a perfect restoration.

Any advise, direction is appreciated - especially any parts - I REALLY need a throttle assembly and an exhaust - both were missing when I purchased.
thrownchain

Re: Alsport/Steen Forks and Shocks - parts wanted

Post by thrownchain »

Not sure about the forks, I used Northern Hydraulics mini bike shocks on mine.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Terry Larson of Hodaka-parts INC in Missouri has built a lot of these, and has some parts and pieces as well contact him at [email protected] good guy.
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
dirtsquirt74

Post by dirtsquirt74 »

I just finished my 1971 Hodaka Steen. It came with Cerini fork tubes and I am using them. I ended up using a model 96 exhaust. I must say that it rides much rougher than any of my other Hodaka motorcycles. I attribute it to the light weight forks and shocks. Built it for my youngest granddaughter. Will be interested to hear her opinion when the time comes.

Richard
KCHodaka

Post by KCHodaka »

Thanks for the posts - will get on it. Question - anyone know what this exhaust is - seems similar to the Steen 100 - with the chrome guard on it - and seems to be missing the larger, lower one - seller doesn't seem to know either - I'm trying to crap shoot and exhaust for my Alsport/Steen.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HODAKA ... ctupt=true

Thanks!
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Some exhausts on ebay under Steens Hodaka now?? ------------------Clarence
KCHodaka

Post by KCHodaka »

https://ebay.to/2OuuaKv

link didn't work can search by item number 273705608520 - it is a Torque Eng pipe - or pipe spark arrestor - part number TQ2000
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

that is not what I looked at I went to ebay once there I typed in steens hodaka a list of parts came up and it included about 3 pipes. I did not type in any hhtp//\\ ect. -------------Clarence
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Clarence. http is an abbreviation for hyper text transfer protocol. With most newer web browsers you aren’t required to type it in any more. Just us Old IT guys use it out of habit! LOL!!! :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90