Exhaust Pipe

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
skydoc2

Exhaust Pipe

Post by skydoc2 »

I am new to this group but not new to Hodaka. I noticed some interest in the HT3 exhaust pipe and was wondering if anyone was willing to sell one or who was the specific manufacturer to contact about making up a limited supply of this pipe. Thanks
willoughby

Re: Exhaust Pipe

Post by willoughby »

I think the best way to get one of the pipes will be if HPI has a “buy in” . Hopefully that will happen sometime soon
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Skidoc2, contact Terry Larson 1--314--313--5635 he has all the products from Strickly Hodaka whom contracted those pipes and sold everything to Terry, I might mention there now is another company now building excellent race pipes for Hodaka,s right now, contact info
J & R racing pipes;; 1--909--446--0222, those pipes can be seen on their web look it up Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
skydoc2

Post by skydoc2 »

Thanks so much for your help. I will follow up with your suggestions.
hodakapartsinc

Post by hodakapartsinc »

Hello Hodaka Community. This post comes out at the right time. We have been in contact this week with the manufacturer of the HT3 Pipes and they are willing to make us a limited production run, probably 25. This may be the last time as they are currently making pipes for numerous manufactures and they are not sure if they are going to continue doing "Custom" orders like ours in the future. Unfortunately, the price of raw materials has gone up drastically since the last production Paul made in 2016. We are putting together numbers with them and I will see if I can maintain the same pricing structure as Strictly had. I have a couple of options also. I will be able to sell them with or with-out a muffler/silencer. This will decrease the retail cost if you buy one with-out the muffler/silencer. I know some may already have a silencer/muffler or they may prefer to use a FMF Style with the spark arrestor. Give me some feed back. What are you looking for? Is there any interest in the HT2 Pipe? I have to buy a minimum of 10 of these and they have gone up also due to the silencer made in the middle of the pipe. I will offer a "buy in" with a discount if I get enough orders. Approximate production time will be 2-3 weeks. Due to the increase in cost, and I am trying to keep the retail price the same as before or less, these pipes will not be included in the "Free Shipping on a $150 order" that is in our store policies. Thanks, http://www.hodaka-parts.com
Dale

Post by Dale »

hodakapartsinc wrote:Hello Hodaka Community. This post comes out at the right time. We have been in contact this week with the manufacturer of the HT3 Pipes and they are willing to make us a limited production run, probably 25. This may be the last time as they are currently making pipes for numerous manufactures and they are not sure if they are going to continue doing "Custom" orders like ours in the future. Unfortunately, the price of raw materials has gone up drastically since the last production Paul made in 2016. We are putting together numbers with them and I will see if I can maintain the same pricing structure as Strictly had. I have a couple of options also. I will be able to sell them with or with-out a muffler/silencer. This will decrease the retail cost if you buy one with-out the muffler/silencer. I know some may already have a silencer/muffler or they may prefer to use a FMF Style with the spark arrestor. Give me some feed back. What are you looking for? Is there any interest in the HT2 Pipe? I have to buy a minimum of 10 of these and they have gone up also due to the silencer made in the middle of the pipe. I will offer a "buy in" with a discount if I get enough orders. Approximate production time will be 2-3 weeks. Due to the increase in cost, and I am trying to keep the retail price the same as before or less, these pipes will not be included in the "Free Shipping on a $150 order" that is in our store policies. Thanks, http://www.hodaka-parts.com
Awesome news Terry! We will be looking for the buy in notice...
Regarding the HT3 pipe; there has been recent social media talk denouncing its performance. I would like to just say that social media really is not cool when one persons opinion and/or experience falsely labels something as negative. The HT3 pipe is a great pipe! It provides a smooth and wide power band on my otherwise stock 98 Super Rat. It performs very well for trail rides such as the Bad Rock. And being an "up" pipe, it provides the ground clearance needed on the trail. Then take it to the track and enjoy a great power band.
Thank you Harry for continuing to develop pipes, Paul for getting these pipes to the market and Terry for continuing the Hodaka brand.
Dale
P.S. What kind of oil should I use?
Dale
willoughby

Post by willoughby »

“Give me some feedback.What are you looking for.”

Rich Gagnon recommends the HT3 over the HT2 but I think if it’s limited to 25 pipes they’ll fly off the shelves. Would that be 25 of each? First choice would be the HT3 but without the option of HT3, I would get the HT2.
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

941325F1-712C-4E2B-9892-C6A6BEDB7BFB.jpeg
olddogs

Post by olddogs »

I have ridden with both the H2 and H3 and found both worked well when racing at a novice or intermediate pace in sand and loose soil. Ground clearance is great with both. Experts would no doubt have a preference on hard pack where power delivery is more critical.

The H3 required more fit and finishing and has clearance issues on some models (97 and 98 for sure). The H2 mounts cleaner and quicker, but the turned down end limits spark arrestor and silencer options. Run stock out of the box, the H2 is LOUD. It was odd that the H2 with it mid point silencer ran much hotter and required some insulation wrap to avoid melting the seat (and leg).
The H3 can accept a better choice of silencers/spark arrestors, but required bracket fabrication for their use. It has a down right nasty look just sitting still in the pits.
michael_perrett

Post by michael_perrett »

My son David, took first place at Mid Ohio in the vintage 100 motocross intermediate class in 2010. He started in mid pack, rode to 1st place, then he decided to take on the 4 expert riders ahead of him, which he overtook. He rode a stock 98, with a HT2 pipe.

Mike Perrett
Paul Stannard

Post by Paul Stannard »

Terry I will take three of the HT3 pipes when they are ready to be sold. I had given a few away to great friends and now need to put my own bikes back together again. Thank you Terry for continuing to keep Harry's legacy alive. Like Dale mentioned there have been posts claiming that others pipes are better than Harry's designs.The great thing is that Harry never bragged or knocked others ideas or products. He still is the gold standard for quality and performance. Often imitated but NEVER duplicated!!
thirdstone

Post by thirdstone »

It’s good to hear that there will be more HT pipes on the market. I’m sure they won’t take long to sell.
hodakapartsinc

Post by hodakapartsinc »

Hello Hodaka Community. This post comes out at the right time. We have been in contact this week with the manufacturer of the HT3 Pipes and they are willing to make us a limited production run, probably 25. This may be the last time as they are currently making pipes for numerous manufactures and they are not sure if they are going to continue doing "Custom" orders like ours in the future. Unfortunately, the price of raw materials has gone up drastically since the last production Paul made in 2016. We are putting together numbers with them and I will see if I can maintain the same pricing structure as Strictly had. I have a couple of options also. I will be able to sell them with or with-out a muffler/silencer. This will decrease the retail cost if you buy one with-out the muffler/silencer. I know some may already have a silencer/muffler or they may prefer to use a FMF Style with the spark arrestor. Give me some feed back. What are you looking for? Is there any interest in the HT2 Pipe? I have to buy a minimum of 10 of these and they have gone up also due to the silencer made in the middle of the pipe. I will offer a "buy in" with a discount if I get enough orders. Approximate production time will be 2-3 weeks. Due to the increase in cost, and I am trying to keep the retail price the same as before or less, these pipes will not be included in the "Free Shipping on a $150 order" that is in our store policies. Thanks, http://www.hodaka-parts.com

The HT3 Pipes are available on our website. Go to our pre-sale buy in drop down box and click on it for more information and pricing.. As we had stated, we are only able to get 25 manufactured at this time and we are not sure if we will be able to get more in the future. There are two versions available. Expected delivery to us will be mid to late April